A list of quick and healthy family friendly snack ideas: 25+ sweet snacks, and 25+ savoury snacks. Something for everyone to enjoy!
Oh snack time. I am not a fan of it. I mean, I like to snack but I can’t stand putting together snacks, and I think it’s because I often can’t think of good ideas in the moment. That, and the fact that I seem to be in my kitchen all day long. So sometimes the last thing I want to do after I’ve just finished with one meal, is to come up with another idea and make something else.
But, kids…they need to snack. We do too for that matter…hello 3:00 in the afternoon munchies! My oldest 2 are old enough to make their own snacks so that helps a lot. But the biggest hurdle is what to keep around? What to make?
I’ve thought a lot about this, so I put together a list of quick and healthy snack ideas: 25 sweet snacks, and 25 savoury snacks. As I was putting together this list, I thought that I should share it with you too, because chances are you have the same troubles with coming up with ideas for snacks?
50+ Family Friendly Snack Ideas
** Please note, anywhere there is a word in coloured text, there is a link to a recipe for you!
25+ Sweet Snack Ideas
- Granola/Trail Mix: Homemade is easy!
- Granola Bars: These Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars are a favourite!
- Oat Bars
- Date Bars
- Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit puree or honey
- Parfait: Yogurt, Fruit & Granola
- Cereal Squares:
- Energy Bites: Peanut Butter Snack Bites, Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bites
- Frozen Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese with Fruit
- Kid Friendly Fruit and Cheese Snack Plate
- Muffins: Banana Carrot, Oatmeal, Bran or any of your favourites
- Fresh Fruit: Make a tray of cut up fresh fruit. If it’s prepped, it will get eaten.
- Fresh Fruit Skewers: These are fun for kids! Add strawberries, bananas and grapes to toothpicks.
- Banana Roll Ups: Roll up a banana with some peanut butter, in a pita or tortilla wrap
- Fresh Vegetables with or without dip. Make a tray of cut up vegetables. If it’s prepped, it will get eaten.
- Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
- Dried Fruit: Raisins, Prunes, Apricots, Cranberries, Bananas
- Fruit Leather
- Fresh Fruit Juice Popsicles
- Smoothies: We love this banana smoothie!
- Fresh pressed juices: with ginger, apple, citrus fruit, carrots, spinach
- Apple Sauce with Cinnamon. I like to offer unsweetened sauce with cinnamon.
- Yogurt with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips for dipping.
- Graham Crackers and Honey. A favourite I grew up eating!
- Puffed Squares: Rice Crispie, Puffed Wheat, Peanut Butter Puffed Rice. Easy to make and serve.
- Rice Cake Pizzas: Spread on some peanut butter or cream cheese and top with fruit.
- Dry Cereal
- Rice Pudding
25+ Savoury Snack Ideas
- Celery Sticks with Peanut Butter. Ants on a log anyone? 😉
- Jicama Lime Snack Sticks
- Cucumber Slices with Cream Cheese (salmon, vegetable, plain)
- Skewers with cheese, meat and pickles. Serve them on toothpicks or small skewers.
- Crackers and Cheese: Experiment with different cheeses and crackers.
- Cottage cheese with slices of cucumber or grape tomatoes
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Devilled Eggs
- Mini Pizza Toasts or Pizza Crackers. Serve crackers with pizza sauce, sprinkled cheese and slices of pepperoni.
- Ham Pita Wraps: Wrap up slices of ham and cream cheese in a pita or tortilla wrap.
- Tortilla Pinwheels
- Nuts: Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts, Peanuts
- Seeds: Sunflower, Pumpkin
- Roasted Chick Peas
- Taco Chips and Fresh Salsa
- Rice Crisp Pizzas: Spread on cream cheese and top with deli meat or vegetables.
- Guacamole with Pita Chips
- Hummus with pita chips and/or carrot sticks, celery sticks, sugar snap peas
- Cowboy Caviar with Tacos (Whole Bean Dip)
- Quesadillas. Just simple cheese are a fave.
- Cheesy Quinoa Bites
- Loaded Potato Bites
- Pepperoni Sticks or Beef Jerky
- Nuts and Bolts
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
I hope this list can help you with your snack time too!
Have a delicious day!