These Puffed Wheat Squares are a classic dessert right out of childhood! This No-Bake recipe is simple and a crowd pleaser.
Who remembers puffed wheat squares from their childhood?! Puffed wheat squares are the best! My mom used to make them for my sister and I when we were young, and now I make them for my own kids. And every time I make them, I’m reminded how much I really love this little treat…but they have to be soft. No hard as a rock puffed wheat squares are accepted over here! I like them pull-apart soft and chewy, so I actually add a little less than the recommended amount of puffed wheat.
Chocolatey. Soft. Chewy. Delicious. I could eat the whole pan. For real. I have to keep these up on the high shelf because I actually can’t resist them.
Puffed Wheat Squares Recipe Tips:
- CEREAL: Use unsweetened puffed wheat cereal.
- DO NOT BOIL the sugar mixture for too long. Once the mixture comes to a low boil, remove it from the heat. You really only want to dissolve the sugar. If you cook the mixture too long the squares will be hard.
- STORAGE: Keep this square on your counter in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out.
- FREEZING: This square DOES NOT freeze well.
- These squares travel well, so they’re great for parties and potlucks!
These squares are soft, chewy and so chocolatey! And can be ready to enjoy in about 15 minutes.Print
PIN IT for later!
So fun. So sticky. So yummy! Have a delicious day!