This Bruschetta Pasta Salad is a perfect summer side dish. Loaded with tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese and noodles this salad is a must make dish!
Is there even a better foodie match than tomatoes with basil and garlic and cheese?! Now let’s add some noodles and you have a Bruschetta Pasta Salad. Oh yes…think about that for a second. You want to make it don’t you? Picture yourself on a sunny summer deck, with a glass of wine (or sparkler) in hand…you’re sitting down to a delicious summer meal and this salad is on the menu. Ahhhh, so good.
Bruschetta + pasta = delicious.
I love this flavour combination so much that I dedicate 2 big pots in my garden to growing tomatoes and basil. These two plants are a match made in heaven, even in the garden…they’re perfect companion plants that help each other grow. When I plant them side by side I get the best basil in the world! And that means plenty of bruschetta, bruschetta sheet pan chicken, goat cheese tarts, Caprese salad, and this Bruschetta Pasta Salad. Hello summer.
Simple, Fresh and Delicious
So let’s get back to this pasta dish, shall we? This dish is fresh and very easy to put together. For this pasta salad the noodles, tomatoes and basil are tossed with olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar, some parmesan cheese, then seasoned with salt and pepper. And you can use any kind of noodles that you like for this dish, I just happened to have some orecchiette noodles around so I used them. I liked how the shape of the noodle held the bruschetta so you had a mouthful of flavour in each bite. So good!
Bruschetta Pasta Salad Recipe Tips:
- Tomatoes: Use the most fresh and flavourful tomatoes you can find for this salad! Vine ripened and grape tomatoes are especially delicious.
- Pasta: You can use any kind of pasta that you like. For this particular recipe I used orecchiette noodles which were great because they’re almost like a little cup that holds the bruschetta. Spiral noodles, bows and penne are also good. Some people have used ravioli and tortellini noodles which would be delicious!
- Basil: Fresh basil is the only way to go for this salad, it’s the most flavourful!
- Parmesan: All kinds of parmesan work in this recipe, but freshly grated is the BEST!
- Options: Fresh Bocconcini cheese would make a delicious addition to this salad.
- Can I make this ahead of time? This pasta salad is really best enjoyed within a few hours of making it because the noodles tend to soak up all the dressing. If you want to make it ahead of time, I would suggest making a little extra dressing to toss in right before you serve it.
- Meal Suggestions: This Bruschetta Pasta Salad would be delicious served with Bruschetta Sheet Pan Chicken, or roasted or grilled chicken and burgers.
- Tip! Oh, and you’re gonna need a mint…trust me on this one. 😉
Thank you for PINNING!
Looking for more Pasta Salads? Here are some great ones!
Have a delicious day!