This Cranberry Balsamic Chutney is sweet, tangy and SO delicious! Wonderful served with Brie and bread. Makes a lovely holiday hostess gift!
I’m always looking for new and delicious recipes that use cranberries. I just love that they’re both sweet and tart and are perfect in so many scrumptious foods…like cakes, loaves, jams, cookies and also this Cranberry Balsamic Chutney. Enjoy this chutney over a wheel of Brie cheese.
Gathering with Friends and Family
One of my most favourite things about the holiday season is the chance to entertain friends and family. I enjoy gathering with the people we love over great food and drinks. And one of the ways I like to do this is to get together for a night of appetizers and drinks. While I love creating meals for friends and family, sometimes sharing tapas and appetizers instead of a full meal, takes the pressure off of entertaining…it’s much more relaxed. And with this time of year, any opportunity to alleviate pressure is the best way to go!
A Perfect Holiday Appetizer!
So if you’re looking for a perfect holiday appetizer, this Cranberry Balsamic Chutney with Brie is it! Not only is it easy to make, but it is delicious and made with the spirit of the holiday season! The tartness of the cranberries, paired with the sweetness from the orange juice, combined with fresh rosemary and balsamic vinegar, it makes for a perfect pairing with the creaminess of Brie cheese.
Makes a delicious homemade gift!
In all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, gift giving can feel overwhelming and not very personal. Sometimes during the rush of it all I find myself buying a gift for someone just so I can check it off my list, but more and more I don’t like to do this. I’m learning that gift giving really doesn’t need to be so difficult, because most people love and appreciate a gift that comes from the heart. And what better kind of gift from the heart than one that you make yourself?
When I receive a gift that someone has taken the time to make, I am thrilled. I picture them at their kitchen counter, or at their craft table creating with their heart and their hands, and that is an amazing thing. It becomes more than just a gift, it’s a little piece of them.
Mason Jars and Sequins!
This year for something a little different, I made a batch of Cranberry Balsamic Chutney to share as hostess gifts. I’m going to package it up in small mason jars, and top each jar with cut out circles of sequin covered fabric. So simple, festive and pretty! With this chutney I’m also going to give a little wheel of Brie cheese and maybe even a fresh baguette. This is a gift that the hostess can share right at their gathering, or save for another time. Really, food is a wonderful gift to give and receive. Wouldn’t you love to receive this?
A perfect holiday appetizer!
Cranberry Balsamic Chutney Recipe Tips:
- Cranberries: Use fresh cranberries for this chutney…frozen cranberries don’t taste as good.
- Rosemary: Use a sprig of fresh rosemary, for 2 reasons: first it’s delicious, second, a sprig is easier to remove from the cooked chutney. On a side note, don’t forget to remove the sprig!
- Serving Ideas: You can serve this chutney on a wheel of room temperature Brie, and let your guests slice pieces as they wish.
- Baked Brie Serving Idea: If you prefer your Brie cheese to be soft and warm, you can bake the cheese wheel slightly before serving. To do this place the Brie wheel in a 400 degree oven, and bake it for about 5 minutes or until the Brie has softened slightly. Then top with the chutney and serve with bread and/or crackers.
- This Cranberry Balsamic Chutney is also delicious with Roasted Turkey!
PIN IT to make later!
More Homemade Gift Ideas:
Homemade gifts need not be complicated…if you made it, it’s the loveliest gift of all.
Have a delicious day!