Make these Quick and Easy Refrigerator Pickled Banana Peppers to enjoy on sandwiches, pizza, salads and more! This simple recipe can be made in less than one hour. No canning required.
This recipe makes ‘Refrigerator’ Pickled Banana Peppers which means there is no need for sealing the jars, just keep them in the fridge for months to enjoy! Makes a small batch but you can easily double the recipe.
Turn summers harvest into delicious dishes!
This time of year my kitchen counters are loaded with produce from our local farmers’s market, and I LOVE IT. I just cannot resist all the fresh produce that is so plentiful in the fall. The problems though, is making sure nothing goes to waste…if you’re like me, you want to use everything. I actually put together this post with loads of recipe ideas for what to make with all that produce…I hope you find it helpful!
Pickling is a great way to preserve peppers!
One of the vegetables in abundance right now are peppers…peppers peppers everywhere, all different kinds. I like to buy loads of different varieties which are great in soups, stews and all kinds of dinner recipes. But my most favourite are the banana peppers that I buy to turn into delicious and spicy pickled peppers.
Homemade is easy and better!
Before I started pickling these, I always had a jar of store-bought banana peppers in my fridge…we love them as a condiment with so many things like pizza, sandwiches and more. But after I made my first jar of homemade pickled peppers I decided right then and there that I would never buy another jar if I could help it. Homemade pickled peppers are crunchy and SO much more flavourful.
Red, Orange or Yellow!
You can find banana peppers in yellow, orange and red. And you can make these peppers in any colour combination that you like…all one colour or multi-colour! Jars of multi-coloured peppers are very pretty!
How to enjoy pickled banana peppers:
- They are absolutely delicious on this Italian Sandwich, but they’re also great on any sandwich.
- Add them as a topping to pizza. So good.
- Add them to hot dogs and hamburgers.
- Toss them in salads.
- Enjoy them with stews, soups and casseroles…anything that you like with a little extra spice!
- I like them as a ‘condiment’ with roasted chicken.
- Eat them as is like pickles…they’re wonderful for snacking!
- This recipe is for ‘refrigerator’ pickled peppers. What this means is that you don’t need to seal the jar. Just keep the jar of pickles in your fridge and enjoy!
- This recipe makes a small batch of pickled banana peppers, but you can easily double the recipe to make more. It can make 1 – 32 oz jar or 2 smaller jars.
- These refrigerator pickled peppers will keep for at least 3 – 5 months or longer. That is, if they last that long…ours disappear quickly!
- I used yellow banana peppers but you can use any colour pepper that you like. Jars of multi-colour pickled peppers are gorgeous!
- For my batch of pickled peppers I removed most of the seeds, but if you like your peppers really spicy, consider leaving them in.
Have a delicious day!