These Antipasto Skewers are a delicious and easy appetizer! The ingredient possibilities and flavour combinations are endless.
I love skewers of any kind…barbecue, fruit, grilled veggies, you name it! But I especially love Antipasto Skewers. They are a combo of some of my most favourite foods, so how can you go wrong?! Delicious flavours and textures in every bite.
A delicious and easy appetizer.
I thought I’d make some of these antipasto skewers as an appetizer for a get together with friends that we had this past weekend, and am I ever glad I did. These are delicious! The fun thing about them is that you can try so many different flavour combinations. Use your favourite cheeses, olives and meats. Add pickles and fresh veggies…the possibilities are endless. Don’t forget the balsamic vinegar and olive oil to drizzle and dip!
They look fancy, but are so easy to make, and are so delicious! Enjoy.
Antipasto Skewer Recipe Tips:
- OLIVES: Use any type of olives. Pitted mixed olives give a nice variation of colours and flavours.
- TORTELLINI: Use any type of tortellini, we like 3 cheese tortellini. Make sure to cook the pasta first and marinate it in Italian dressing for at least 1 hour.
- PASTA MARINATING TIME: Make sure to allow for time to marinate the pasta in Italian dressing, at least one hour. You can marinate the tortellinis overnight as well.
- CHEESE: You can use any type of cheese for these skewers: cubes of mozzarella cheese, mini bocconcini balls, chunks of fresh mozzarella ball, cubes of cheddar cheese, gouda or provolone.
- MEAT: Use your favourite charcuterie meat: salamis, pepperoni, prosciutto, even deli ham.
- TOMATOES: Mixed colours of cherry tomatoes are delicious and look great.
- SKEWERS: Use mini wooden skewers, about 4 inches long.
- ASSEMBLY: When putting these skewers together try to get 1 of each of the ingredients onto a skewer. But if you can’t, don’t worry just mix them up, variation is good.
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS: You can also add pickles, pickled vegetables, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and pepperoncini peppers, fresh basil leaves…the possibilities are endless.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!