This Marshmallow Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is the perfect icing for either chocolate or vanilla cupcakes!
It seems to me that people are either icing on or icing off kind of people. Are you an icing person? I like icing, but I really just prefer cake and cupcakes naked. Unless there is some kind of marshmallow involved (or that white icing you get on cakes in the grocery store…I don’t know what it is about that kind of icing but I love it). But a marshmallow frosting? Sign me up.
On the weekend I made chocolate cupcakes and was trying to decide what kind of frosting to ice them with. As I pulled out the recipe card for my tried and true vanilla buttercream I wondered what it would taste like with marshmallow added. Marshmallow makes everything delicious don’t you think? Well it certainly made this frosting ah-mazing.
It’s so fluffy and creamy and soft and vanilla-y and perfectly marshmallowy! And divine on chocolate cupcakes. You need to try it.
Marshmallow Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 - 3 tsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 - 198 g container of Marshmallow fluff
- salt to taste optional
- Sift the icing sugar (confectioners sugar). Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter until soft and fluffy. You'll have to scrape the sides of the bowl several times. This process of getting fluffy butter takes at least 10 minutes.
- Add the sifted icing sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and heavy cream and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the marshmallow fluff until smooth.
- Decorate your cupcakes and enjoy!
Make these Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream!
Perfect for parties and especially Valentine’s Day!
And for an extra special treat, try this Chardonnay Buttercream that I’m sharing over on the Kendall-Jackson blog!
Delicious Recipes for your Marshmallow Vanilla Buttercream Frosting!
Have a delicious day!
This post was generously sponsored by Kendall-Jackson wines. But as always the voice, all content, and opinions are mine alone.