If you love carrot cake, you will definitely love these Carrot Cake Cupcakes! Topped with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, these are a must make. These cupcakes have a moist crumb, are so flavourful and delicious.
When thoughts of spring and Easter roll around, I immediately crave carrot cake. Tender, spicy delicious carrot cake with some kind of cream cheese frosting…the best. Over the years I’ve made quite a few carrot cake recipes, but none quite like this. These Carrot Cake Cupcakes are SO good, and topped with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting…THE best. You’re going to want to try these, I promise.
Now I know that I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m going to say it again, having kids who love to bake is the greatest thing ever. My high school aged daughter loves to bake. Loves it. And she’s good at it. So anytime she asks to get in the kitchen, I am happy to oblige, because we all know something delicious is coming our way. This past weekend was no exception when she made these Carrot Cake Cupcakes.
Simple, delicious ingredients.
These carrot cake cupcakes are made with delicious ingredients like homemade applesauce, fresh grated carrots, spices, and coconut oil, making them SO moist and flavourful…they actually remind me a lot of these Morning Glory Muffins.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
And you must add the cinnamon cream cheese frosting, it takes these cupcakes to the next level! They’re amazing. Like bakery-made-amazing.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
We topped these iced cupcakes off with a sprinkled garnish of lightly toasted coconut, adding great flavour but also making them look extra pretty.
Delicious any time of year!
No one is going to be able to resist these bites of heaven. Make them for Easter, brunch, dessert or any special occasion…any ordinary day is a special occasion too! I hope you love them as much as we do.
Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe Tips:
- Carrots: Use fresh carrots. I prefer to peel the carrots before grating them. I just use a box grater to grate. You can also use a food processor.
- Applesauce: You can use store bought unsweetened applesauce, or you can make your own homemade apple sauce. I made my own with 3 medium sized apples, and mashed it down until it was nice and smooth.
- Oil: If you don’t have coconut oil, you can use vegetable oil.
- If you like nuts such as pecans or walnuts, or raisins in your carrot cake, feel free to add a 1/2 cup of either to the cake batter before baking.
- Make sure the cake has cooled completely before frosting, or the frosting will melt.
- Make Ahead Tip: This cake tastes even better served the next day!
- Storage: Store this cake on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also keep it in the fridge if you’re more comfortable with that.
- Freezing: This cake freezes well. Place the cake in an airtight container WITHOUT the frosting added, then keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, bring the cake up to room temperature then add the frosting.
- Frosting Piping Tip: Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, you can frost them. For these cupcakes I used a piping bag with the Wilton 1M tip.
More delicious carrot cake recipes to try!
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!