These Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Drizzle are an oat drop cookie with shredded carrots, cinnamon, raisins and white chocolate chips. They’re moist, a little bit chewy, spicy and a real treat with the addition of the cream cheese drizzle. They’re perfect for Easter.
With Easter just around the corner my mind is on the menu, and in particular it’s on carrots. Easter always makes me think of carrots. I mean how can it not with Carrot Cake being one of the main desserts this time of year, oh and can’t forget glazed carrots on the dinner table! And we can’t forget the Easter bunny…the carrot is his choice of food after all!
A tried and true recipe.
I wanted to add something new to our Easter eats this year, so I decided to make some Carrot Cake cookies. I love adding shredded carrots to baking because they add extra nutrition and a whole lot of moisture. I found this recipe in a cookbook that I’ve had around for ages…the Jean Pare Cookies cookbook. I remember baking cookies from this book when I was about 12 years old, and now my 12 year old browses through it, and I still refer to it, to this day. I love a cookbook that stands the test of time!
About these Carrot Cake Cookies:
These Carrot Cake cookies are an oat drop cookie loaded with shredded carrots and cinnamon flavour…then I threw in some raisins and white chocolate chips for good measure. They’re moist, spicy and a real treat with the addition of the cream cheese drizzle, making them perfect for Easter! Tastes like and have the texture of little bites of carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe Tips
- Carrots: Peel the carrots before shredding. To shred the carrots, you can use a box grater, or even a food processor.
- Additions: You can also add chopped nuts to this cookie recipe if you like (like chopped pecans or walnuts). I didn’t add any this time as we’re not big fans of nuts in our cookies, but if you love nuts, they would make a great addition!
- Storage: Store in airtight container on your kitchen counter, they don’t need to be refrigerated.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Idea! Double the cream cheese drizzle recipe and make these a carrot cake sandwich cookie!
Recipe adapted from Jean Pare
Have a delicious day!