Strawberry Shortcakes with White Chocolate Vanilla Shortcake Biscuits, fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Fluff Filling. A perfect spring dessert!
Hello friends and happy spring day to you! Today we’re going to have some fun…I’ve teamed up with some very talented Canadian bloggers to throw a Spring Dinner Party for you! You’ll be able to travel from blog to blog to get some inspiration for your very own spring inspired dinner party! Everything from desserts (that’s me!) to appetizers to printable menus to kids table ideas, party favours and more! SO MUCH FUN.
Ready? Let’s have dessert first mmmkay? Why not…internet desserts have no calories right? So we can eat them when ever we darn well please. Plus this dessert has fruit so it’s practically good for you… 😉
I made Strawberry Shortcakes with White Chocolate Vanilla Shortcake Biscuits, fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Fluff Filling. Fluff filling. Just think about that…this filling is made with strawberry cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and whipped cream. Seriously delicious. The filling is so good you can eat it by itself like a dip, or just with a spoon if that’s what you wish. That’s what I wish for right now…but I digress. Back to our spring dinner party dessert…
These Strawberry Shortcakes are such a pretty and easy spring dessert, and your family will love them!
Next time I make these, I will make the biscuits smaller (like half the size), so I adjusted the recipe to reflect this. Also, I should mention that these white chocolate vanilla biscuits are basically a scone, so you can just make a batch of them to enjoy on their own as well. They’re delicious served with tea. And the dough before it’s cooked is beyond delicious…don’t ask me how I know.
Strawberry Shortcake with Strawberry Fruit Fluff
White Chocolate Vanilla Shortcake Biscuits:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of cold butter cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of marshmallow cream fluff
- 1/4 of a 250g package of spreadable strawberry cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of whipped whipping cream make sure you whip it up first before combining all the ingredients
- 2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
White Chocolate Vanilla Shortcake Biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until the butter is pea sized.
- Stir in the cream until the dough is moistened, but be careful not to over mix it or the biscuits will be tough.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Lay a sheet of wax or parchment paper onto your counter.
- Press the dough into a ball and transfer it on to the paper and press it down into a disk. Then using a rolling pin, roll and flatten the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a small cup or circle cookie cutter, cut out the dough (I would make the biscuits a maximum 2 inch width in size. Even 1 inch would be great so you could have bite sized biscuits).
- If you are baking 2 inch biscuits, bake them for ~6 minutes, or less time if you are making the 1 inch biscuits. The biscuits are done when the bottom edges are slightly brown.
- When they are done baking, transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack.
- In a mixer, combine all the ingredients, and beat until smooth.
Putting the Strawberry Shortcakes together:
- For each strawberry shortcake you will need 2 biscuits.
- Spread as much of the strawberry fluff that you would like on to one biscuit, then add some fresh strawberries then top with the other biscuit.
- And now enjoy!
Recipe for the biscuits barely adapted from Miri Leigh.
Now it’s time to check out more Spring Dinner Party ideas from these amazing gals! I’d love it if you would check them out and support their incredible talent! Enjoy!
- Virginia of Fynes Designs put together a beautiful Easter table setting!
- Lucy of Craftberry Bush made a Customizable Watercolour Printable Menu
- Gemma of The Sweetest Digs made beautiful DIY Paper Flowers
- Jenn of Clean & Scentsible made delicious Vegetarian Mexican Roll-Ups for appetizers
- Tara of Suburble has some fun ideas for the Kids Table
- Christina of The DIY Mommy put together a Fresh & Happy Spring Dessert Table
I don’t know about you, but’ I’d love to be a part of this beautiful party! Happy Spring!