These Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips are sweet and deliciously caramelized! This easy side dish is ready in less than 1 hour. Perfect for holidays.
If you’re like us, carrots are a staple side dish at dinner time. And if you’re tired of the same ‘ol steamed or boiled carrots, then you should make these Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips! They’re a simple and delicious side that’s a nice addition to the dinner rotation.
Carrots and Parsnips are a Perfect Pair
Do you like parsnips? I love them. The unique flavour of parsnip pairs so well with the sweetness of carrots, so I often make them together like I did with this recipe. These Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips are sweet and have a delicious caramelized flavour. But if you don’t like parsnips, you can leave them out and just use carrots.
Prep and Leave It.
I love a recipe that I can prep then leave until it’s ready. This is especially true for holiday dinners, if there’s one less thing I have to manage as I’m pulling dinner together, then I’m here for it. These Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips are that kind of dish. After just a few minutes prep, put this side dish into the oven, and about an hour later you have deliciously sweet caramelized carrots and parsnips. So good.
Tips & Tricks
- Carrot and Parsnip Prep: I like to peel the carrots and parsnips, then slice them into strips. You also can cut them into circles if you prefer.
- Can I make this without parsnips? Absolutely, but why would you?! Just use 10 carrots instead.
- There’s no need to parboil. As long as the carrots and parsnips are cut evenly (no wider than 1/2 inch), they’ll roast just beautifully. You don’t need to boil them first.
- Shake it, shake it, shake it! Make sure to give the baking dish a little shake or mix during the roasting time, to ensure even cooking.
Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- 5 large carrots
- 5 large parsnips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, then slice the carrots and parsnips into strips, no wider than 1/2 inch.
- Add to a baking dish and drizzle with about 3 tbsp olive oil. Mix well, so the carrots and parsnips are coated.
- Drizzle on the honey, mix well again. You want the carrots and parsnips coated in honey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes. The carrots and parsnips should be soft. Sometimes I roast them even longer (an hour) so they’re nice and soft.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: honey carrots, honey parsnips, honey roasted carrots
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!