This Turkey Pot Pie is a delicious way to use up your turkey leftovers! Don’t be intimidated by the top crust, it’s easy to make! Or you can just use a standard pie crust too! Either way, this dish is dee-lish!
So how do you feel about turkey leftovers? I personally love them. There’s nothing more delicious than a turkey and gravy sandwich loaded up with cranberry sauce…you can often find us back in the kitchen after a big holiday dinner, putting together some of these late night sandwiches. Yum.
This is a great recipe for turkey leftovers!
After Thanksgiving this year I had a quite a bit of leftover turkey, so I took the opportunity to make a turkey pot pie…which might actually be even better than the turkey gravy sandwiches! It’s true. This pie was a great way to also use up the leftover gravy, and an extra pie crust I had left. What better way to use up all that deliciousness?
Pie Crust Making Options:
And since I was making a pie, I took the opportunity to make another fun crust using my pie crust stamps that I found at Michaels (I previously used them to make an Apple Pie). I love them so much. The crust looks SO fancy, but it’s very very easy to make. In fact I think they’re even easier to use than rolling out a top crust…and it definitely looks pretty!
So delicious and flavourful!
I was so happy with how this turkey pot pie turned out. It was SO flavourful. The turkey and vegetables in gravy, topped off with a tender flaky pie crust. Mouthwatering. I also love that I used up so many of my leftovers…I hate letting food go to waste.
The turkey gravy filling just bubbled up onto the edge of the pie dish…that’s what the scalloped bits are along the side. Make sure to put a pan under the pie plate in the oven.
As this pie baked and bubbled in the oven, my home smelled so good. We could hardly wait to eat dinner. And with 5 big appetites this pie didn’t live to see another day. I’d call that a dinner success…winner winner turkey dinner!
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe Tips:
- Pie Crust:
- This recipe only requires one crust, but the recipe here makes enough for 2 crusts, so use one for this pot pie, and freeze the other for later!
- I used pie crust cutouts to make the top crust but you don’t have to do this. You can make a simple top pie crust for this turkey pot pie.
- Gravy: If you have ~ 2 cups of leftover gravy use that. I only had about 1 cup of gravy (so I just added 1 cup of chicken broth to the gravy and let it simmer until it thickened slightly. This mixture should have the consistency of thick gravy. If it doesn’t add enough flour or starch to thicken it up.)
- Vegetables: If you have carrots, peas or beans leftover from your turkey dinner, add those.
- Turkey: I like to used cubed turkey in this recipe, but you can shred the turkey as well.
- Substitution: You can also substitute the turkey with chicken.
Have a delicious day!