This Baked Goat Cheese & Bacon Spinach Dip is the ultimate hot dip! It’s creamy, rich and full of delicious cheesy bacon flavour.
Let’s talk about this Baked Goat Cheese & Bacon Spinach Dip for a minute! About how tangy and creamy and bacon-y it is. How this hot spinach and artichoke dip just might be my most favourite dip of all time (next to pizza dip of course)! You need to have it on your holiday appetizer list, it’s that delicious. My mouth is watering at the very thought of it.
A simple, and delicious appetizer.
This is a spinach dip taken to the next level. A creamy mixture of goat cheese, sour cream, spinach, artichoke hearts and bacon. SO. Dang. Good. This is a must have appetizer on your holiday table this year!
- Spinach: This recipe calls for 225 g of fresh spinach, so about 1 cup. Use fresh not frozen.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make this dip a day, or even two days, before you want to serve it (store it in an air tight container in the fridge). Bring the dish to room temperature then bake.
- Serve with: bread, baguette slices, crackers and fresh vegetables like carrot sticks, celery, peppers
Baked Goat Cheese & Bacon Spinach Dip
This Baked Goat Cheese & Bacon Spinach Dip is the ultimate hot dip! It’s creamy, rich and full of delicious cheesy bacon flavour!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 – 225 g package of fresh spinach
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 – 140 g package of goat cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 8 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- crackers or slices of bread for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- First chop the fresh spinach, dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- Then in a skillet, saute the spinach, onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil, or use about 2 tsp of the bacon grease from your cooked bacon. Saute until the excess moisture is gone.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the goat cheese, sour cream, chopped artichoke and bacon.
- Add the mixture to an oven proof dish and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling.
- Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
Keywords: spinach dip, spinach artichoke dip
PIN IT to make later!