This Raspberry Galette is a simple and delicious dessert idea! Use a pre-made puff pastry crust to save time! So good.
– – – – – – –
I love raspberries so much. Growing up I remember picking fresh raspberries from giant bushes at my grandparents farm, then taking them back in the house to dip in the sugar drawer, then eating them doused in cream. Seriously one of my lifes best childhood memories…farmhouse drawers full of sugar and fresh berries…dreamy. Now I find it hard to eat raspberries any way other than fresh…can you blame me though?
But lately I’ve been craving raspberries baked into a pie…like craving in a bad way (my mind works in mysterious ways). So I decided to bake a raspberry galette, because galettes are the fastest and easiest way to a delicious homemade pie. I really love galettes because they are way less pressure to make than a traditional pie…there is no fuss making a crust and the crust doesn’t have to look perfect. In fact, it’s the rustic look of galettes that I love the best. That and the fact that you can buy the crust.
Yes, buy the crust. I will never, ever, in the history of ever, make a puff pastry crust. I just can’t bring myself to do that when I can buy a perfectly delicious pre-made crust. I don’t think I could even make one that tastes any better anyway. So I always try to keep a couple of pre-made puff pastry crusts in my freezer at all times. Then I can bust one out and make a pie at any moment…Saskatoon Galette, Strawberry Rhubarb Galette, Strawberry Pie, Nutella Pie Pockets…endless endless deliciousness.
But I have to say of all the galettes I have made, this raspberry one knocks my socks off. Puff pastry crust + fresh raspberries is pie perfection. Enjoy it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream…so so good.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp corn starch
Puff Pastry Crust:
- 1 inches sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed (12x12 ))
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Preparing the raspberry filling:
- In a bowl toss together the fresh raspberries with the sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper (I actually use the parchment paper that comes rolled with the puff pastry).
- Roll out the puff pastry to form a loose circle shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect, this is a rustic pie remember!
- Place the raspberry filling in the centre of the pastry sheet.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over to cover the outer edge of the berry pile. Overlap as needed.
- Brush the pastry with milk, then generously sprinkle on the sugar.
- Place the galette into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- When the galette is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve slightly warm with ice cream or whipping cream!
So if you too crave a raspberry pie, you should try this recipe. I think you will love it!
Have a delicious day!
This was out of this word.so glad to see you back
Thank you Georgette!
I made this for a dessert for company and it turned out lovely. Easy and a nice summer dessert! Thank you! This will end one of my new go to summer desserts.