This Halloween Scream Raspberry Pie is a perfect dessert for the spookiest night of all! So spooky, so delicious!
Hello! Today as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Blog Hop Series hosted by my friend Krista of Happy Housie, I’m sharing a spooky Halloween recipe! Make sure to check out more Halloween recipes from my blogger friends in the links at the bottom of this post! If you missed any of my previous posts as part of this fall series, make sure to check out my Pretty Fall Living Room Tour, my DIY Fall Flower Arrangement, my Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes recipe, and my Cozy Fall Patio. xo
Make everyone scream with this Halloween pie!
I LOVE making fun pie crusts for the tops of my pies…it’s just a really simple way to dress up a pie and take it to the next level. It’s even more fun when you can make a holiday themed pie! A couple of years ago I made this Ghost Halloween Pumpkin Pie and it’s one of my favourites! This year I wanted to make another Halloween pie, so I decided to go a little more spooky and made this Scream Face Raspberry Halloween Pie.
Raspberry pie filling makes it extra spooky!
For this pie I decided to make a raspberry filling. There are 2 reasons for this: one, raspberry pie is DELICIOUS. And two, I thought the red colour of the raspberry filling would be perfectly spooky for Halloween. The red is such a great contrast to the ‘Scream’ face.
Use Pumpkin Carving Templates for your Pie Crust Top!
This ‘Scream’ face pie crust is very simple to make. I look at it almost like carving a pumpkin…if you can carve a pumpkin, you can absolutely make this crust. In fact, it’s MUCH easier. For this pie I searched for pumpkin carving ideas and came across a ‘Scream’ face template that I just knew would look amazing on a raspberry pie! Initially I made an apple pie which looked great too, but the raspberry is much much more spooky! On a side note, just think about all the pie crust possibilities out there!
I made this ‘Scream’ face pie a couple of times, once with apples and once with raspberries.
How to Make a ‘Scream’ Face Halloween Pie Crust:
- Download a template for your crust design. I used this ‘Scream’ face template that found here. Just make sure it will fit on the top of your pie.
- Roll your pie crust out onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Lay the template over your crust.
- With a sharp knife, cut out the template face into your pie crust.
- Remove the paper.
- Then remove the pie crust pieces in the eyes, nose and mouth.
Putting the crust on the top of the pie:
When you’re ready to place the top crust, use the parchment paper to flip it over onto the pie. Then gently peel the paper back. If you have any rough spots, just use a little water on your fingertips to ‘erase’ them. Press the pie crust edges together, then trim the crust, sprinkle on some cinnamon and sugar, and bake!
The pie before it goes into the oven
Isn’t this pie so great?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So spooky and fun and gruesome all at the same time. The face, the red filling…so good.
Raspberry Pie Recipe Tips:
- You can make this pie with either fresh or frozen raspberries. If you are using frozen raspberries DO NOT let them thaw.
- The KEY to not having a runny raspberry pie is to make the filling right before you add it to the crust…DO NOT let it rest or the juices will start to come out and your pie will be runny.
- Let your pie rest for at least 3-5 hours after baking so the filling has time to set. If you try to eat it right away, it will be runny.
- There will be some leakage of filling onto the crust…it happens. Pies are almost never perfect…but they’re always delicious!
More Halloween Recipes to Try!
Make sure to check out all the spooky and delicious recipes below…I hope you’ll be inspired to make something.
Have a spooky day!