This Hamburger Soup is an Easy Weeknight Meal! Loaded with flavourful ground beef and vegetables, this soup is hearty and delicious.
Well fall has definitely arrived! It’s windy, the leaves are changing colours and there is a chill in the air, and I love it. Really, really love it. I especially love that this cooler weather means more cozy cooking…stews, oven dinners and soups…bring it on!
Just Simple and Delicious Ingredients
One of my favourite recipes to make in fall is Hamburger Soup. It’s hearty and healthy and my whole family enjoys it. This big batch soup is chock full of simple and delicious ingredients like lean ground beef, tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots and fresh herbs. So good.
An Easy Weeknight Meal
Start making your soup around 3 in the afternoon and you can have this delicious dinner on the table by 5! After just a little prep time, your soup will simmer away for about 1 1/2 hours…your house will smell scrumptious!
Hamburger Soup Recipe Tips
- Beef: You can use any type of ground beef. I like to use lean ground beef so I don’t have to drain much fat off. You can also use ground turkey in this soup.
- Consomme: If you don’t have consomme you can use beef broth. I just like to use consomme because it has more flavour.
- Diced Tomatoes: Use regular diced tomatoes, with no spices.
- Serve this soup with homemade buns, this mozzarella parmesan quick bread or crackers and cheese.
- This recipe makes a big batch, so if you have a small family you can freeze half.
- What about leftovers? Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: Hamburger Soup freezes well, store it in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Ingredient Options: Sometimes I like to add 1 or 2 chopped medium sized potatoes to this soup. Occasionally I will also add some fresh spinach to the soup right before I serve it.
- If you’re looking for another delicious hamburger soup recipe, this Tomato and White Bean Hamburger Soup is great! Loaded with veggies, ground meat and pasta.
Recipe adapted from The Best of Bridge
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!
Note: This recipe was originally published in 2013, but I have recently updated this post with new pictures and some recipe tips! Same great recipe, just more helpful information!