This Broccoli Potato Soup is made with simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry already! It’s so easy to make, and is ready in less than 1 hour.
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty soup, this Broccoli Potato Soup is a great recipe to try! This creamy soup is flavourful, easy to prepare and makes a big batch. Nothing more delicious than a warm bowl of soup on cold days!
About this soup:
This Broccoli Potato Soup is made with simple, easy to find ingredients: broccoli, potatoes, onions, garlic, milk, stock, cheese and simple spices. It’s creamy, flavourful and so delicious. And the best part is that it’s ready in under 1 hour! A hearty meal that you can get on the table on busy nights…love that.
Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe Tips
- POTATOES: Yellow or red potatoes work well for this soup (we love Yukon Gold potatoes). Russet potatoes also work well.
- BROCCOLI: Use about 5 cups of chopped broccoli (into small florets). You can use fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli for this recipe. If you have leftover broccoli from dinner the night before, feel free to use that. And if you like the broccoli stems you can use those too, just chop them up into small pieces and include them as part of the 5 cups of broccoli.
- MILK: Use whole milk or half + half cream.
- BROTH: You can use chicken broth or vegetable stock.
- SHREDDED CHEESE: Use a flavourful cheddar cheese like a sharp or old cheddar.
- LEFTOVERS: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. Either reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
- FREEZING: This soup freezes well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw, then reheat in a pot on the stove.
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: This soup is perfect on it’s own. But feel free to add extra toppings, to individual servings, like sliced green onion, parmesan cheese, crumbled crispy bacon and even a dollop of sour cream.
Delicious Breads to go with your soup!
This delicious soup pairs perfectly with any homemade or crusty bread. Here are some ideas!
I hope you love this cheesy broccoli potato soup as much as we do! Have a delicious day!