This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a perfect weeknight meal. Add all of your favourite baked potato toppings!
Ahhhh fall. The season of soups, stews and all comfort foods. I love it. I think cooking in fall is actually my favourite. I love the routine of cooking meals, the smell of dinner simmering on the stove and the comfort of hearty food. SO good.
And yet at the same time, getting back to the routine of meal planning can be tough…gone are the lazy days of summer meals. But not to worry, we can get through meal planning together! In fact, today you are going to come away with 11 Slow Cooker Meal Recipes! I’ve joined 10 bloggers, and we’re each sharing a slow cooker recipe. All delicious. All simple. And all perfect for fall. So make sure to visit their recipes at the bottom of this post! To get things started, I’m sharing a recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
Everything you love about baked potatoes but in a soup!
If you love loaded baked potatoes, then you will love this soup…with all the same flavours of creamy potatoes, bacon, cheese, and green onion. This soup is a winner winner slow cooker soup dinner!
Make it Easy in a Slow Cooker
Actually besides how delicious this soup is, one of the best things about this soup is that you can make it in the slow cooker. Put everything into the cooker in the morning, and come home to dinner ready. All you have to do a the very end is stir in some cream, add cheese, then dress it up with your favourite baked potato toppings.
Extra cheese, bacon bits and green onion. Yes. Please.
It’s comfort in a bowl.
- Potatoes: I like to use Yukon Gold
- Slow Cooker Time: 3 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Serve with a green salad and fresh bread, and you’ve got dinner covered. Simple and so good.
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a perfect weeknight meal. Add all of your favourite baked potato toppings! 3 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 6 medium sized potatoes (I like to use Yukon Gold)
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 L chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a slow cooker, add the chopped potatoes, minced onion, 3 slices of bacon (uncooked), and the 1 L of chicken broth.
- Cook on the LOW setting for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- At about 30 minutes or so before the soup is done cooking in the slow cooker, remove the 3 bacon slices.
- Then using either a potato masher or immersion blender, blend about 3/4 of the soup if you would like it to have some potato chunks. If you would prefer a smooth soup, blend the entire soup.
- Stir in the cream, sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favourite toppings: green onion, bacon bits and more shredded cheese.
3 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 6 to 8 hours on LOW
Keywords: slow cooker soup, baked potato soup
PIN IT to make later!
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Make:
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon by Kim of Kim Power Style
Cheesy Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup by Tara of Suburble
Weight Watchers Crock Pot Chicken Tacos by Virginia of Fynes Designs
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken with Peppers by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake by Kendra of Joy In Our Home
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Chili by Christine of Amidst the Chaos
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Slow Cooker Beef Stew by Shannon of AKA Design
Mexican Pulled Pork by Sarah of Flourish & Knot
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip by Dannyelle of Life is a Party
Have a delicious day!