It’s official…I’ve got my Christmas baking on! And it’s taken everything I had in me not to start until this week! I figure why not start early, enjoy some treats now, and freeze the rest for later! Yum.
So every day this week I’m going to share with you what Christmas cookies I’ve been baking! First up are these Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookies! They just seemed like the perfect place to start…they’re festive, minty and delicious!
And the BEST thing about them? You can make half the batch to enjoy now, and freeze the cookie dough for baking later! Genius for this time of year really! I love that you can take them out of the freezer as you need them, and then bake them fresh. Heaven on Earth.
Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookies
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Then mix in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, beating in one at a time.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix. Combine.
- Add the white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips. Mix.
- Drizzle in the melted chocolate chips and gently stir to make a marble effect.
- Drop by the spoonful on to a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer them over to a wire rack to cool completely.
– When adding the melted chocolate, be careful not to over stir. You want a swirl effect, and if you stir too hard the cookies will just end up chocolate coloured.
– If you are baking these cookies from the freezer, just increase the baking time by about 3-5 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Robin Hood Canada
So now I feel like I might have a tiny grip on the holiday season…got some baking ready to go, bought a few gifts, and today we’re decorating the outside of the house! This really is the most wonderful time of the year! Wooot!
More Delicious Christmas Cookies week:
Have a delicious day!