These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are a holiday perfect cookie! A classic chocolate chip cookie base with a chocolate swirl and mint chips.
It’s official…I’ve got my Christmas baking on! And it’s taken everything I had in me not to start until this week! I figure why not start early, enjoy some treats now, and freeze the rest for later. Yum. First up on the baking list, these Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookies.
Minty and delicious.
These Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookies are a classic chocolate chip cookie with a chocolate swirl, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and mint chips. The chocolate swirl is what gives these cookies the ‘blizzard’ name! Festive, minty and delicious.
Make now, freeze to bake later.
One of the BEST things about these cookies is that you can bake half of the batch to enjoy now, and also freeze half of the cookie dough for baking later! Genius for this time of year really. I love that you can take them out of the freezer as you need them, and then bake them fresh. This makes them a perfect cookie for last minute guests, or late night cookie cravings!
Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookie Recipe Tips
- The Melted Chocolate: When adding the melted chocolate, be careful not to over stir. You want a swirl effect, and if you stir too hard the cookies will just end up chocolate coloured.
- Freezing baked cookies. These cookies freeze well after they’ve been baked. Just store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Baking from frozen: You can freeze the cookie dough. Shape the dough into cookie balls, place on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer overnight. Then transfer the balls to an airtight freezer bag until you’re ready to bake them. When baking these cookies from the freezer, just increase the baking time by about 3-5 minutes.
Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookies
These Mint Chocolate Chip Blizzard Cookies are a holiday perfect cookie! A classic chocolate chip cookie base with a chocolate swirl and mint chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a mixer cream together the butter and sugars.
- Then mix in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, beating in one at a time.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix. Combine.
- Add the white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips. Mix.
- Drizzle in the melted chocolate chips and gently stir to make a marble effect.
- Drop by the spoonful on to a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer them over to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: mint chocolate chip cookies
Recipe adapted from Robin Hood Canada
So now I feel like I might have a tiny grip on the holiday season…got some baking ready to go, bought a few gifts, and today we’re decorating the outside of the house! This really is the most wonderful time of the year! Whooot!
PIN IT to make later!