A chewy and delicious oatmeal cookie with a mincemeat centre. These Mincemeat Oatmeal Thumbprints are a festive and tasty Christmas cookie!
Today’s recipe combines two great comfort foods of this holiday season: oatmeal and mincemeat! Put them together and you have Mincemeat Oatmeal Thumbprints! These cookies are divine. They’re rich and decadent. And I’m willing to bet that even the so-called mincemeat haters will love them!
I love how rustic and homey these are. I envision myself scarfing these down in a plaid sweater and faux-fur touque. Ok, maybe not. But I do envision myself eating many of these, and needing larger sized pants. I may have even eaten one for breakfast. Ok, maybe two.
Mincemeat Thumbprint Cookies
A chewy and delicious oatmeal cookie with a mincemeat centre! These Mincemeat Oatmeal Thumbprints are a festive and tasty Christmas cookie!
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- mincemeat (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Then combine the butter mix and the flour mix.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After the cookie dough has rested, roll it into generous 1 inch balls, and press your thumb down in the centre making a dent big enough to hold a generous teaspoon of mincemeat.
- Add a generous teaspoon of mincemeat.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- When the cookies are done baking, let them rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move them to a baking rack to cool completely.
I buy mincemeat for all of my holiday baking. For me, it’s just one of those things that you don’t need to make from scratch. There are so many fantastic mincemeats out there that are as good, if not better than home made. My favourite is the PC Suet-Free 5 Minced Fruits Mincemeat.
Keywords: mincemeat cookies, thumbprint cookies
These are deadly…you can’t just eat one…trust me. Oh trust me.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
Have a delicious day!