This Banana Bread Pudding is the ultimate comfort food! Rich, creamy and full of delicious banana flavour. Serve with cream and homemade caramel sauce.
I’m always looking for new recipes for breakfast…and new ways to use up ripe bananas, and this Banana Bread Pudding is a delicious solution to both! This recipe is so simple to make, and I think you’re family will love it.
Chunks of french bread + walnuts + bananas + cinnamon + eggs and milk = DELICIOUS
This dish has all the flavours of banana bread in a soft, rich and creamy bread pudding. Then you drizzle it with homemade caramel sauce…SO good. But wait, is this breakfast or dessert? You decide. I say it can be both…because really, what’s the difference between homemade caramel sauce and syrup? Nothing. No guilt here. 🙂
Drizzle on my friends, drizzle on.
For a well rounded breakfast, serve this bread pudding with a selection of fresh fruit and sausages or bacon. Brunch perfection.
This Banana Bread Pudding would be perfect for Christmas morning. You can even assemble it the night before then bake it first thing in the morning. Enjoy.
Banana Bread Pudding
Banana Bread Mixture:
- 1 French loaf cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 - 4 tbsp walnut pieces optional
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
Banana Bread Pudding:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the french loaf into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and dash of salt. I like to use a hand blender to make it nice and smooth.
- Stir in the mushed bananas. Mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter, then add the chunks of bread.
- Sprinkle on the walnut pieces.
- Pour the milk/egg/banana mixture over the bread. Lightly shake the dish so everything settles.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the pudding is puffed and firm in the centre.
- While the banana bread pudding is baking, make the caramel sauce.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter, then add the brown sugar and cream.
- Stir over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
Putting it all together:
- Serve the banana bread pudding warm or cold, and drizzle it with the warm caramel sauce.
More Delicious Breakfast Bake Recipes:
- Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Eggnog French Toast Bake
- Blueberry Baked French Toast
- Easy Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- Bacon & Cheese Quiche
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
Have a delicious day!