These Slice and Bake Shortbread are a delicious Christmas cookie! This is an ideal recipe for last minute cookie baking…bake half the batch now, and bake the other half later. Or give a roll to a friend as a gift from your kitchen.
Happy holidays friends! You stopped in here at the perfect time because you are going to leave today with 12 delicious cookie recipe ideas for Christmas! I’ve come together with 11 Canadian bloggers to bring you some delicious cookie recipes for the holiday season…you can never have too many.
So let’s get started! I’m sharing a simple and delicious shortbread recipe that you slice and bake whenever you want fresh baked cookies. YES.
Shortbread cookies are a classic holiday cookie recipe. Pretty much everyone loves them, so they’re a great cookie to make for your treat plates.
But the BEST thing about these shortbread cookies are that they are a slice and bake cookie. You make 2 rolls of dough, and keep them wrapped up in parchment paper in the fridge. Then when you want cookies, you just slice and bake them. Make a batch today, and make a batch tomorrow. Or make a batch after everyone goes to bed…just sayin’
Slice and Bake Cookie Tip
At this point when the dough is wrapped up tight in parchment paper, they’re great for gift giving! Tie some pretty ribbon on each end, and give a roll to a friend or neighbour. Then they can enjoy freshly baked cookies too.
When you’re ready to bake, slice the dough into 1/4 inch slices…
Line them up on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (use the same one the dough was wrapped up in), and add some toppings. Our favourite toppings are the glazed red and green cherries. These taste like nostalgia.
But you can add any topping that you like…crushed candy canes, a small piece of chocolate…have fun and experiment.
Then bake and enjoy. They are rich, buttery and delicious.
Don’t forget to leave a plate out for Santa!Print
Recipe from Jean Pare’s ‘Company’s Coming Cookies’
More Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes:
Now make sure to visit these bloggers for their delicious Christmas cookie recipes! There is something for everyone here.
- Swiss Mountain Shortbread by Kim of Kim Power Style
- German Iced Spice Christmas Cookies by Christina of The DIY Mommy
- Slice and Bake Shortbread Cookies by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
- Cathedral Window Cookies by Rita of Harbour Breeze Home
- Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti by Kendra of Joy In Our Home
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Holiday Crinkle Cookies by Lisa of Fabulous Habits
- Maple Shortbread Snowflakes by Laura of one house 2 barns
- Ritz Cracker Bark (aka Crookies) by Courtenay of Creek Line House
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies by Jennifer of Happily Organized Chaos
- Earl Grey Snowball Cookies by Tan of Squirrelly Minds
- Gingerbread Cookies by Dannyelle of Life is a Party