These Ricotta Oat Bran Pancakes are a healthy and delicious pancake recipe! Soft, hearty and so flavourful. A wonderful breakfast recipe.
Looking for a new pancake recipe for breakfast? These Ricotta Oat Bran Pancakes are deliciously different than the regular pancakes we’re all used to making. They’re a little hearty, a little sweet and a lot tasty. We love to smother ours in melted butter and syrup…so so good!
Ricotta Oat Bran Pancakes are SO GOOD.
If you’ve never added ricotta cheese to pancakes, you are missing out! This creamy cheese makes the most delicious pancakes that are rich, soft, light, fluffy and creamy. So so creamy. I’d even go so far as to say, these Ricotta Oat Bran Pancakes make my top 2 most favourite pancakes…closely behind these Peanut Butter Pancakes! Yum.
Ricotta Oat Bran Pancake Recipe Tips
- Flour: You can use all purpose or whole wheat flour. You can also use 1/2 cup all purpose flour, and 1/2 cup oat flour.
- Ricotta Cheese: Use leftover ricotta cheese in these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, these Figs with Ricotta Cheese, 3-Cheese Frittata or lasagna.
- Milk: You can use 1%, 2%, whole milk, almond milk or soy milk.
- Don’t over mix the batter! The key to fluffy pancakes is to lightly mix the ingredients…it’s ok if there are small lumps in the batter. If you over mix pancakes end up flat.
- Menu Idea: Serve these pancakes with sausages or bacon and fresh fruit salad. Oh, and loads of butter and syrup.
- Leftovers: You can freeze the leftovers. I like to put small squares of parchment paper between the pancakes before I freeze them, like I do with my crepes.
Have a delicious day!