This Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread is loaded with cheesy garlicky goodness! It’s a great side to your next steak dinner!
Have you ever made a pull apart bread? Once you do, you’ll wonder why you never have. And a cheesy garlic butter one? Seriously, how have I never made one to go with our steak dinners? This is how I’m making garlic bread from now on. SO much deliciousness in one loaf of bread.
Cheesy, buttery and garlicky!
Pull apart breads are so simple to make, all you need are basic ingredients like cheese, butter, garlic and sourdough bread, and 5 minutes to assemble. Then you bake it in the oven to get it all ooey gooey cheesy…but make sure you pay attention to it if you decide to give it a little broil at the end to crisp up the sourdough bread…it might burn. Just sayin.
Assemble in 5 minutes!
Just simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make, you just can’t go wrong with that. And have fun with the ingredients! Use your favourite cheese, or add some herbs, caramelized onions, pizza sauce…the flavour possibilities are really endless.
- Bread: Sour dough has the best flavour and structure.
- Cheese: I used extra-old cheese, but you can really use any of your favourite cheeses like mozzarella, cheddar, gouda, jack.
- Cutting: When cutting into the loaf of bread, be careful to only cut 3/4 of the way through, and not cut all the way through. Create a grid pattern with the cuts, with each cut being about an inch apart. See the picture above for reference.
- Optional Additions: Have fun with the ingredients! Use your favourite cheese, or add some herbs, caramelized onions, or pizza sauce…the flavour possibilities are endless.
Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread
This Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread is loaded with cheesy garlicky goodness! It’s a great side to your next dinner!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced (you can add more garlic if you like things extra garlicky!))
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups of Armstrong Extra-Old Cheddar (sliced thinly)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut into the loaf of bread, being careful to only cut 3/4 of the way through, and create a grid pattern of the cuts, with each cut being about an inch apart. Think of a grid pattern.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, then add the minced garlic and simmer for about 1 minute. Don’t boil the butter mixture, just lightly meld the flavours together.
- Using a spoon drizzle the garlic butter mixture into the cuts in the bread until the butter is all gone. Make sure to get it into all the cuts!
- Then tuck the sliced cheese into all of the cuts in the loaf (see the above picture). If you want it extra cheesy, feel free to add more cheese!
- Wrap the bread in tin foil and bake for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- If you want the bread to crispen up, bake it for about 10 more minutes with the foil removed.
Recipe adapted from Armstrong Cheese
Enjoy and have a delicious day!
Thank you to Armstrong Cheese for supplying me with the delicious cheese to make this bread!