We’ve been having fun with our new drink dispenser and have been filling it up with lemonade and all kinds of flavoured waters. The flavoured waters are our favourite…they’re filled with gorgeous fresh fruit and all natural ingredients. No added sugar. Just clean, deliciously flavoured waters that make you want to sit on your porch and sip them on those slow easy going summer days.
Our most recent concoction was this Ginger Peach Flavoured Water. The key to this drink is to let the ginger sit in the water for at least a couple of hours, or overnight if you can, that way the ginger has time to permeate the water with its flavour. So pop it in the fridge the night before you want to serve it then you can assemble the rest of the ingredients in the morning. Oh, and the peaches should be ripe and bursting with flavour…the more in season they are, the sweeter and more flavourful they are. And we put 4 peaches in our water, but you can add many more if you like. Making flavoured waters is all about what you like them to be!
This flavoured water was so refreshing…I especially love the addition of the mint…SO good! Have I professed my love of mint lately? I’ve got a real love on for it because it just takes drinks to the next level. I even just like to add a small handful of mint leaves to my portable water bottle – it gives the water just enough flavour that I’m fooled into thinking I’m not drinking boring old tap water.
Anyway, on with my Ginger Peach Flavoured Water! I hope you enjoy it!
- 5 - 6, 1- inch chunks of ginger peeled and sliced
- 4 fresh ripe peaches sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 fresh lemon sliced (optional)
- ice cubes
- Fill a large glass jar or decanter with half way with water. Then add the ginger and let it rest for at least a couple of ours, or even overnight if you can. That way the ginger has time to permeate the water with its flavour.
- Then when you are ready to serve the flavoured water, fill the dispenser with ice, about halfway full.
- Stir in the sliced peaches, mint (and lemon) if you are using it.
- Serve & enjoy!
I like to put our dispenser out on our counter so it’s easy for everyone to access. The kids just keep filling up their glasses which is so great because I’m always after them to keep hydrated. And it’s good for me too because I definitely don’t drink enough water! So this summer, this dispenser will be a fixture in our house.