These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are delicious and lemony pancakes! Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries for the perfect breakfast.
I’m kicking off the morning with a fresh lemony recipe…nothing like a little bit of yellow sunshine to get things started off right! In case you haven’t noticed over the years, but we’re big breakfast people…we especially love pancakes. And because we eat a lot of them on weekends, we are always looking for new recipes. So if you’re also looking for a new and delicious pancake recipe to try, these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are it!
Full of lemony goodness!
We’re so used to our pancakes being simple (and delicious) little cakes that the way we add flavour to them is by adding syrup and different toppings. But not these pancakes, they have lemon juice and lemon zest in the batter making them SO fresh and flavourful…like little lemon cakes full of delicious lemon flavour.
Ricotta Pancakes are amazing.
If you’ve never added ricotta cheese to pancakes, you are missing out! This creamy cheese makes the most delicious pancakes…rich, soft, fluffy and creamy.
Don’t forget the toppings!
These pancakes are delicious topped with whipped cream, syrup and berries (fresh blueberries, raspberries or strawberries). For a nice decorative touch I like to sprinkle our pancakes with icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar). You don’t have to do this, but it definitely looks pretty.
Perfect for brunch!
These pancakes are perfect for weekend brunch! They’re especially lovely for special occasions and holidays.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- Lemon Flavour: Sometimes lemons are very flavourful, and sometimes they’re not. So taste test your pancake batter before you put the pancakes on the grill. If they’re not lemony enough, add more lemon zest.
- No butter? Yes, you read that right! There is no butter or oil in this recipe. The ricotta cheese adds all the richness and moisture these pancakes need.
- What to Serve with Lemon Ricotta Pancakes? These pancakes are delicious topped with whipped cream, syrup and fresh berries…SO gosh darn good.
- Garnish: Give the pancakes a little dusting of icing sugar for a pretty and sweet touch.
- Side Dishes: Make a Fruit Salad, and serve with bacon or sausages.
- Leftovers: You can freeze the leftovers. I like to put small squares of parchment paper between the pancakes before I freeze them
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
Please Note: This recipe was originally published in February 2014. It has since been updated with new images and improvements to the recipe (November 2021).