- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecans & almonds
- Pop your popcorn. Then measure out about 8 cups and spread it out onto a large cookie sheet.
- If you wish to add nuts to your popcorn, you might want to toast them in a 350 degree oven for 2-5 minutes, watching them very carefully. Toasting them brings out amazing flavour! When the nuts are toasted, sprinkle them over the popped popcorn. Set aside.
- Now on to the caramel! In a saucepan melt the butter, then add the sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil, stirring occasionally until the mixture turns caramel coloured.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Then pour the caramel over the popcorn and nuts. Using a fork, gently mix, and separate into clusters.
- Store in a tightly closed container.
Things to Note: [br]- I like my Caramel Crunch Popcorn soft and chewy. From my experience, I have found the more the caramel coloured the mixture is, the harder the popcorn crunch is… [br]- Make sure you use really good salted butter!