Hi friends! Whew…it’s day #4 of Christmas Cookie week…are you cookied out yet? There’s been a whole lotta baking going on over here and I definitely have had my fill for a while. For my kids it has been like Christmas has come early with so many cookies and treats around…definitely not our norm! But tis the season right?!
Actually I’ve really enjoyed all the Christmas baking…I’m really feeling in the spirit this year with all the snow we’ve had! Did I tell you that we just came out of a blizzard? A for real blizzard, not just heavy snowfall, a full on blizzard. It was awesome. No really, I loved it! #trueCanadianrighthere I love the snow and the cold…and it is coooooold, like -30C with the windchill cold. This kind of weather is the best kind of baking weather.
Anyway, back to Christmas Cookie week! Today I present to you Peanut Butter Balls! These are so good…rich, chocolatey and full of peanut butter flavour! I remember the first time I had them was when my sister brought them for Christmas one year…I have never been able to get them out of my head since. I’m a big time sucker for peanut butter and chocolate together! But be warned, they’re rich and you’ll likely only be able to eat a couple at one time. Or not.Print
This recipe requires a bit of planning, as there is some time needed for chilling.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (see notes)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 – 1 oz semisweet chocolate squares
- 2 tsp coconut oil
Making the peanut butter balls:
- In a bowl, cream together the peanut butter, icing sugar and butter.
- Then using your hands mix in the rice cereal, until fully combined.
- Chill for 2 – 3 hours in the fridge.
- After the mixture has cooled, roll it into 1 inch balls, then place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put the tray into the freezer for about 30 more minutes.
Prepping the chocolate coating:
- After this time, melt the chocolate squares and the coconut oil in a double boiler (or I place a stainless steel metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water).
- Put the melted chocolate mix into a deep bowl for dipping.
Putting the peanut butter balls together:
- Using 2 forks, dip the balls into the melted chocolate, coating them, let them drain a bit, then transfer them back to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Once all the balls are completed, place them back in the fridge to cool and set before eating them…if you can wait that long!
For extra crunch, you can play around with the recipe: instead of using all rice cereal, try using 1 cup rice cereal and 1/2 cup of something else like coconut, or finely chopped nuts.
Recipe adapted from Company’s Coming Cookies
These little treats would make a great gift too. Just put them in some pretty & festive packaging and give them to your friends and family!
– – – – – – – – – – – –
Here are all the cookies I made for this years Christmas Cookie week:
– – – – – – – – – – – –
For even more cookie inspiration check out recipes from these great bakers that I teamed up with this week!
Angie from Echoes of Laughter
Julie from Sober Julie
Stacey from This Lil’ Piglet
Joann from Woman In Real Life
Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life In The Suburbs
Grace from Sense & Simplicity
Donna From An Anglo In Quebec
Ricki Jill from [email protected]
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Sharing with Satori Design For Living