Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies
Not only are these Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies so pretty, they are the softest, chewiest sugar cookie around. Makes a big batch.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy cookie recipe to make for the holiday season, these Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies are it! They’re soft, chewy and will disappear fast from your holiday cookie tray!
Soft, chewy and delicious!
Not only are these sugar cookies so pretty, they are the softest, chewiest sugar cookie around. Not even kidding. The sugar cookie base on these cookies is THE BEST. It’s soft, flavourful and a bit chewy, which I think is a must for any sugar cookie recipe.
Perfect for the holidays!
Make these sugar cookies festive by adding a peppermint kiss candy to the tops. The peppermint flavour is perfect with the sugar cookie base…the combination of the soft cookie with the creamy peppermint kiss…so festive and delicious.
Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookie Tips
- Candy Options: We love the Peppermint Kisses for these cookies, but really, any of the Hershey’s Kisses would work.
- Share them! These cookies are great for cookie exchanges, bake sales and parties because they’re easy to make and stand up well to packaging. Just make sure not to wrap or package these cookie too soon. The candy kiss gets very warm after being pressed onto the cookie, and will melt if touched too soon.
- Double it! You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- Can I freeze these cookies? I wouldn’t recommend freezing these cookies because of the candy on top, they’re best enjoyed fresh!
These cookies are the best. In fact, they are my most favourite sugar cookie…they’re the perfect combination of soft, chewy and buttery. I think you should make some. 😉Print
Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies
Not only are these Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies so pretty, they are the softest, chewiest sugar cookie around.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
- 36 Hershey’s Candy Cane Mint Candy Kisses
- 1/2 cup of butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- extra sugar for rolling the dough in
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Remove all of the wrappers from kisses, and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra sugar, and place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes. After this time press a candy kiss into the middle of the cookies.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: Christmas cookies, peppermint kiss sugar cookies, sugar cookies
PIN IT to make later!
Beautiful, really nice to add when giving a gift.
I made these this morning. They are easy and delicious. I found it best to wait the whole three minutes of cooling time before putting the kisses on because they really do get quite melty.and didn’t hold their shape well after only two minutes! Thanks for featuring them!
I’m so glad you liked them! They’ve quickly become a family favourite over here!
Your house looks beautiful!! I made the Mincemeat Thumbprint Cookies the other day and I made them too big so I pressed them down a little bit and still filled with Mincemeat which spread out. They are fabulous so yummy!!
Where did you get Hershey’s Candy Cane Mint Candy Kisses so I can make the Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies also?
Merry Christmas to all your family and a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!
Thank you so much Lynda! I’m so happy you enjoyed the mincemeat thumbprint cookies – I really need to make another batch soon! So I found the Peppermint kisses this year at Walmart…I hope they still have some around – they disappear fast! Merry Christmas to you and your family! And thank you so much for reading along, it means so much to me! 🙂