This Simple Green Salad with Homemade Mayo Dressing is a delicious and easy addition to dinner! Ready in 5 minutes.
This is my favourite green salad of all time…every time I eat it, I am whisked away back to my childhood. Memories of warm summers, fresh greens, gardens and family. My mom would make this dressing every summer…it’s THE BEST on fresh garden greens. And I have also since discovered that this recipe was one of my Grandpa’s favourites, making it even more special. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This salad dressing is made with 3 simple ingredients: mayonnaise, milk and sugar. SO simple. But sometimes the most simple things are the best, and this dressing is proof of that!
Simple Green Salad Recipe Tips:
- I like to use a hand blender to make this dressing…it makes the dressing so smooth and creamy.
- You can add this dressing to any salad that you like. Our favourite is a simple salad of greens, green onions and chopped apples and tomatoes. Delicious.
- If you find that the dressing is a little thick, feel free to add a little more milk.
- Double the batch for a bigger salad, or to keep in your fridge for the week.
This Simple Green Salad with Homemade Mayo Dressing is a delicious and easy addition to dinner!
Simple Green Salad:
- fresh green lettuce (freshly picked from the garden is the best!)
- chopped fresh green onions (these are a must – the flavour that they add is so amazing this salad)
- you can also add apples and tomatoes
Simple Mayo Dressing:
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- Whip the mayo, milk and sugar together, until creamy.
- Adjust the flavour to your taste.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: green salad, mayonnaise salad dressing
More Salads you might enjoy:
Savour the flavour!