This Bowl of Bows Pasta Salad is a family favourite! The dressing is tangy, garlicky and so delicious. It pairs perfectly with summer BBQ recipes.
Pasta salads are THE BEST. I’ve yet to meet a pasta salad that I haven’t liked. They’re a perfect side dish to summer barbecues, they make a great picnic lunch, and if you toss in some grilled chicken they’re a full meal. So good.
This recipe for Bowl of Bows is my family’s most favourite pasta salad ever. Made with delicious noodles, chopped fresh green onion and black olives, all tossed in a garlic parmesan vinaigrette. Delicious. Sometimes the most simple recipes are the best ones. This salad doesn’t need anything added to it at all…it’s amazing the way it is. I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we do!
Bowl of Bows Recipe Tips:
- You can add chopped fresh vegetables to this salad as well. Sometimes I’ll add fresh peas, broccoli and grape tomatoes.
- This recipe calls for bow shaped pasta, but free free to use any kind of pasta like rotini and macaroni.
- You can make this salad the night before you wish to serve it. I think it’s even better after it has sat for a while.
- This is a great salad to take to a potluck or picnic too!
Bowl of Bows Pasta Salad
- 1 - 8 oz package of dried pasta bows
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 can pitted whole black olives
- Boil the noodles until they are al dente. When they are done, drain then rinse them with cold water.
- While the noodles are boiling, you can make the dressing.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, all the spices, green onion, and parmesan cheese.
- Toss the cooked noodles in the dressing.
- Then toss in the black olives.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Make sure to stir the salad well before serving it, as the dressing tends to go to the bottom of the bowl.
More Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes to Try:
Have a delicious day!