This Bowl of Bows Pasta Salad is a family favourite! The dressing is tangy, garlicky and so delicious. It pairs perfectly with summer BBQ recipes.
Pasta salads are THE BEST. I’ve yet to meet a pasta salad that I haven’t liked. They’re a perfect side dish to summer barbecues, they make a great picnic lunch, and if you toss in some grilled chicken they’re a full meal. So good.
This recipe for Bowl of Bows is my family’s most favourite pasta salad ever. Made with delicious noodles, chopped fresh green onion and black olives, all tossed in a garlic parmesan vinaigrette. Delicious. Sometimes the most simple recipes are the best ones. This salad doesn’t need anything added to it at all…it’s amazing the way it is. I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we do!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe Tips
- NOODLES: This recipe calls for bow shaped pasta, but free free to use any kind of pasta like rotini and macaroni.
- OPTIONS: You can add chopped fresh vegetables to this salad as well. Sometimes I’ll add fresh peas, broccoli and grape tomatoes.
- MAKE AHEAD: You can make this salad the night before you wish to serve it. I think it’s even better after it has sat for a while.
- MEAL IDEAS: Delicious with barbecued chicken, ribs, steak or burgers.
- This is a great salad to take to a potluck or picnic too!
Bowl of Bows Pasta Salad
This Bowl of Bows Pasta Salad is a family favourite! The dressing is tangy, garlicky and so delicious. It pairs perfectly with summer barbecue recipes.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Resting Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 – 12 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta Salad
- 1 (8 oz) package of dried bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can pitted whole black olives
- Boil the noodles according to package directions until they are al dente. Drain then rinse with cold water.
- While the noodles are boiling, make the dressing.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, spices, green onion, and parmesan cheese.
- Toss the cooked noodles in the dressing.
- Then add the black olives.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Make sure to stir the salad well before serving it, as the dressing tends to go to the bottom of the bowl.
Keywords: pasta salad recipe, bow tie pasta salad
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Have a delicious day!