A delicious and easy Steak Marinade recipe that makes a flavourful and tender steak! This marinade is especially great for inexpensive cuts of steak.
If you haven’t considered marinating steak before, you should start now! A steak that has sat in a flavourful marinade overnight is so tender and delicious after it’s been grilled. Marinating is worth the time.
Great for inexpensive cuts of meat.
Truthfully though, I wouldn’t marinate a premium cut of steak like a filet mignon or even a T-bone, but for more inexpensive or tough cuts of steak like a chuck steak, flat iron steak, or hangar steak, marinades are perfect.
This Steak Marinade is made with simple ingredients that you likely have in your fridge and pantry, and takes just minutes to prepare. After a quick assembly, all you have to do is pulse the ingredients using blender or hand blender.
Let it rest.
Once you’ve prepared the marinade, the steaks should soak for a minimum of 2 hours, but I think it’s best to let them marinate in the fridge overnight. The extended marinating time results in a more tender and flavourful steak. Also, when I’m marinating any meats, I prefer to use ziplock bags instead of dishes, only because I like being able to massage the steak in the bag a couple of times…it’s much easier than mixing them in a bowl. But really, it’s up to you how to do this part.
Perfect for your next backyard barbecue! Enjoy.
Easy Steak Marinade Recipe Tips:
- STEAK: This marinade is especially great for inexpensive cuts of beef like chuck, skirt steak (flank steak), flat iron steak or top sirloin. This works great for ribeye or even New York Strip too.
- SPICE: If you don’t have Montreal steak spice, you can generously season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- HOW MUCH TO USE? A good rule of thumb is to have at least 1/3 cup of marinade for each steak.
- FREEZING: You can freeze steaks in the marinade, use a plastic freezer bag. When you are ready to use them, just thaw the steaks in the fridge until they are completely unfrozen.
Easy Steak Marinade
A delicious and easy Steak Marinade that will make your steaks flavourful and tender! For best results let the steak marinade for a minimum of 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinating Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Category: Beef
- 3 to 4 steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Montreal steak spice (if you don’t have this, just use salt and pepper)
- Season the steaks of your choice with Montreal steak spice, and place them into a large ziplock bag.
- Place all of the remaining steak marinade ingredients (everything except the steak spice) into blender and pulse the ingredients for about 30 seconds. (you can use a hand blender too)
- Pour the marinade over the steaks and seal the bag.
- Massage the bag so the steaks are completely coated in the marinade.
- Place the steaks in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Right before you are ready to grill, give the steaks one last good massage in the marinade.
Keywords: best steak marinade
– – – –
Watch how to make this recipe:
– – – –
Have a delicious day!