A delicious and easy Steak Marinade that will make your steaks flavourful and tender! This marinade is especially great for inexpensive cuts of steak.
Marinating steak is not something we’ve always done, but now I’m wondering why. A steak that has sat in a flavourful marinade overnight is so tender and delicious!
Truthfully though, I still don’t think I’d marinate a premium cut of steak like a filet mignon or even a T-bone because we like their flavours as is. But, for more inexpensive or tough cuts of steak like a chuck steak, flat iron steak, or hangar steak, marinades are perfect.
This Steak Marinade is made with simple ingredients that you likely already have in your fridge and pantry, and takes just minutes to prepare. After a quick assembly, all you have to do is pulse the ingredients using blender or hand blender.
Once you’ve prepared the marinade, the steak should soak for a minimum of 2 hours, but I think it’s best to let them marinate in the fridge overnight. The extended marinating time results in a more tender and flavourful steak. Also, when I’m marinating any meats, I prefer to use ziplock bags instead of dishes, only because I like being able to massage the steak in the bag a couple of times…it’s much easier than mixing them in a bowl. But really, it’s up to you how to do this part.
This is a great steak marinade. Perfect for your next BBQ! Enjoy.
Steak Marinade Recipe Tips:
- A good rule of thumb for steak marinades, is to have at least 1/3 cup of marinade for each steak.
- This marinade is especially great for inexpensive cuts of steak.
- You can freeze your steaks in the marinade. When you are ready to use them, just thaw the steaks in the fridge until they are completely unfrozen.
- If you don’t have Montreal steak spice, you can just generously season the steaks with salt and pepper.
Easy Steak Marinade
A delicious and easy Steak Marinade that will make your steaks flavourful and tender! For best results let the steak marinade for a minimum of 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 to 4 steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Montreal steak spice (if you don’t have this, just use salt and pepper)
- Season your steaks with the Montreal steak spice, and place them into a large ziplock bag.
- Put all of the remaining ingredients (everything except the steak spice) into a container that you can use a hand blender with, or a regular blender will work too.
- Pulse the ingredients for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks.
- Massage the bag so the steaks are completely coated in the marinade.
- Let marinade in the bag, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Right before you are ready to grill, give the steaks one last good massage in the marinade.
Delicious recipes to enjoy with your BBQ steak:
- Classic Potato Salad
- Creamy Cheddar Macaroni Salad
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- BBQ Roasted Potatoes
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad
– – – –
Watch how to make a Steak Marinade:
– – – –
Have a delicious day!