Fudgsicles. Fudge Ice Pops. Fudge Pops. What ever you call them, call them delicious. These are the ultimate summer treat. Fudgy, creamy, and rich! Skip the ice cream truck and make these at home instead!
Fudge Pops have always been a family favourite summer treat (especially my kids)! These homemade popsicles are creamy, chocolatey and so so delicious…and a million times better than store bought. I think you’ll love this recipe for this classic summer popsicle!
These Fudge Pops are the fudgiest creamiest most delicious fudgsicle ever. Ever. A perfect summer treat.
Fudge Pop Recipe Tips:
- MILK: Use a high fat milk like half + half cream or whole milk.
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: Use sweetened condensed milk, NOT condensed milk. The sweetened condensed milk is almost like a light caramel.
- CHOPPED CHOCOLATE: You can use any type of chocolate for the chopped portion of this recipe: milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and even white chocolate chips.
- POPSICLE MOLDS: You can use any type of popsicle molds, ice pop molds or even small paper cups or dixie cups with popsicle sticks.
- FREEZING: Freeze at least 7 hours.
- STORAGE: These will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- GETTING POPSICLES OUT OF THE MOLDS: To remove the popsicles from the molds, I like to submerge the molds in hot water for 10 seconds then they should pop right out!
- WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: Here are some delicious ways to use sweetened condensed milk.
Fudgsicles. Fudge Ice Pops. Fudge Pops. What ever you call them, call them delicious. These are the ultimate summer treat. Fudgy, creamy, and rich!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 popsicles 1x
- Category: Frozen Treat
- Method: Freezing
- 2 1/4 cups half + half cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the milk and the cornstarch, then whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Bring to a gentle boil while whisking constantly, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Remove from the heat, then add the semisweet chocolate, and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the condensed milk and the vanilla. At this stage, you can even use a blender to blend the mixture and make it nice and smooth.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 7 hours.
Keywords: fudge pops, fudge popsicles, fudgsicles, fudge ice pops
Have a delicious day!