This flavourful Lemon Garlic Turkey recipe is delicious and so easy to make! Serve over Orzo Pasta and with Roasted Spring Vegetables.
I partnered with Canadian Turkey to bring you this delicious Lemon Garlic Turkey Recipe, and was compensated for my time, but the recipe, pictures, all thoughts and opinions are my own as always. We really love turkey.
Spring has arrived and that means there are many special occasions to gather with family and friends. Mother’s Day, Easter, May Long Weekend, Father’s Day, and graduations are just some of those special times where it’s nice to serve a show stopper meal that’s delicious and not complicated! Today I’m sharing a simple and super flavourful recipe for Lemon Garlic Turkey which would be perfect for any special occasion.
For this recipe I used one of my favourite cuts of turkey, the fillets. I like the portion size of fillets which makes them easy to cook and serve, not to mention that they’re so tender! And to make them extra delicious for this Lemon Garlic Turkey recipe, I first dredged them in flour and pan fried them in a little bit of olive oil and butter, which makes a nice crunchy surface.
Then I simmered the fillets in a lemon, garlic, butter and white wine sauce which is as delicious as it sounds. Seriously, you’re going to want to make sure that you eat every last drop of that sauce…it’s SO flavourful.
To complete this meal, serve the turkey over a bed of cooked Orzo pasta, and some roasted spring vegetables, like asparagus and broccolini. Not only is this dish beautiful, it’s so delicious.
This healthy, show-stopping meal, is perfect for any family dinner or special occasion! It’s so flavourful, delicious and easy to make.
Side Dish Recipes that pair perfectly with this Lemon Garlic Turkey:
More Delicious Turkey Recipes that are great for Special Occasions:
- Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Stuffed Turkey Cutlets
- Creamy White Turkey Lasagna
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll
- Whole Roasted Turkey with Lemon and Rosemary
5 Ways to Make Turkey Your Secret Weapon for Everyday Meals:
- Plan ahead! When it comes to meal planning, a whole turkey delivers huge value as a ‘cook once, eat twice or more’ meal. You can buy a whole turkey to cook on the weekend and feed your family for several days during the week. Freeze portions of leftovers to use as meal-starters for quick weekday dinners and lunches.
- Get back to basics! Enjoying more meals at home is one of the best things you can do for your family. Cooking meals from scratch let you control the ingredients and include more health-boosting whole foods such as turkey, veggies and whole grains.
- Make the switch! Turkey makes a fantastic everyday choice for all your protein needs. Think about switching to turkey and turkey cuts for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Turkey is lean, nutrient-rich and packed with protein to give you long-lasting energy that powers you through your busy everyday schedules and activities.
- Boost your nutrients! Turkey is packed with nutrients like vitamin B12 (important in keeping your nervous system – the body’s electrical wiring – working well), selenium (an antioxidant mineral) and zinc (for a strong immune system).
- Bump up the protein! Eating 20 to 30 grams of quality protein with all of your meals, along with being active, can help build and maintain muscle. Protein delivers hunger- curbing satisfaction to keep you energized for longer. Turkey is the power protein of choice – it’s an excellent source of high-quality protein with each 100 gram portion serving up about 30 grams of lean protein.
Canadian Turkey Recipes, Tips and Nutrition:
Visit CanadianTurkey.ca for tips, tricks, techniques and recipe inspiration! Find recipes that are great for make-ahead-meals and batch cooking, recipes that are perfect for leftovers, as well as ideas for snacks, breakfast and 30-minute main dishes. You can also find information on turkey nutrition, how to cook turkey and more. And follow Canadian Turkey on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube!
Have a delicious day!