There is no better way to enjoy asparagus than to roast it! Roasted asparagus is crunchy, yet tender, and rich in flavour. Simple and delicious. You’ll never boil it again.
If you’re looking for a fresh and flavourful vegetable side dish, this roasted asparagus is it! Roasting asparagus brings out its delicious unique flavour. I hope you try this method and love it.
Roast, don’t boil!
Years ago I discovered this no-mush, no-fail way to cook asparagus. I used to boil asparagus because that was just what I thought you did…it’s the only way I ever saw anyone make it. But I’m here to tell you that you should never boil asparagus ever again. No one likes mushy, colourless asparagus. The key to delicious asparagus is to roast it in your oven. Roasting it is the only way I’ll ever make asparagus. It’s quick, easy and comes out bright, tender, crunchy and rich in flavour every single time.
Roasted Asparagus Recipe Tips:
- Asparagus: Use fresh asparagus, cleaned and with the woody ends trimmed. Also, try to use asparagus stalks similar in size…if you have thick stalks with thin stalks, they will cook differently.
- Oil: You can use either olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Serve Immediately. This roasted asparagus is best enjoyed right away.
- Flavour Options:
- Roasted asparagus is delicious when sprinkled Parmesan cheese.
- Or you can sprinkle on some fresh lemon juice right before serving.
- It’s also delicious with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!