Don’t even think about boiling cauliflower! Roasted Cauliflower is easy to make, and SO much more flavourful and delicious when prepared this way.
If you’re looking for a delicious side dish recipe for your next dinner, try roasted cauliflower! Roasted cauliflower is easy, so flavourful and tastes amazing.
Let’s talk cauliflower.
Love it or hate it? I’ve always loved cauliflower. I remember having it as a kid with broccoli and cheese sauce…SO good. But my family for some reason ‘thought’ they didn’t like it. So I rarely made it. But now that I’ve discovered that I can roast cauliflower, this side dish makes a regular appearance on our dinner table. Even my so-called cauliflower haters like these!
Never boil cauliflower again.
Truly. If you love cauliflower, and even if you don’t love cauliflower, you will like this roasted cauliflower. It’s so flavourful and salty and crispy and delicious. I pledge to never again ruin a piece of cauliflower by boiling it. Ever. I don’t think I’ve ever loved a vegetable more. True story. These are the bomb! They’re salty and peppery and crunchy.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe Tips:
- Cauliflower: Use 1 large head of fresh cauliflower. A head of cauliflower florets may seem like a lot, but it shrinks down after it’s cooked. Trust me, you’ll want more! Also, if you have the stem, cut it into slices and roast it too.
- Oil: You can use vegetable oil, canola oil or olive oil.
- Make sure to line a sheet pan with parchment paper or the cauliflower will stick.
- Optional Ingredient: If you love garlic, feel free add some minced garlic (2 cloves garlic will do the trick) to toss with the cauliflower and oil.
- Garnish: Feel free to sprinkle the baked cauliflower with parmesan cheese right before serving.
- Spices: We like this dish seasoned with just salt and pepper, but if you want extra flavour, you can add 1/2 tsp of cumin or 1/2 tsp curry powder and/or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes. Add these at the step where you toss the cauliflower with the oil and salt + pepper.
Yum. Just yum. So the next time you are even thinking about boiling your cauliflower, just stop right there. Give roasted cauliflower a chance. You’ll be glad you did!Print
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!