This Creamy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is such a treat! It’s velvety, flavourful and rich in chocolate deliciousness…a perfect drink to warm you up on cold days!
If you’re looking for the best hot chocolate around, this is it. Come on in, grab a mug and warm up with some of the most creamy and delicious hot chocolate you’ve ever had!
Add this hot chocolate to your recipe box!
I have always, always wanted to make hot chocolate in a slow cooker…just the very idea of something so delicious and creamy and rich simmering away in my kitchen, is absolutely mouthwatering. And with winter and the holiday season upon us, I figured now was finally the perfect time put together this recipe. So on a blustery snowy afternoon I made up a pot of this Creamy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate. And what a treat it is!
Why Make Hot Chocolate in a Slow Cooker?
Honestly, because it’s SO easy…and you don’t have to worry about the hot chocolate burning or scalding like you would if you were to make it on the stove. But really, I like using this method because I can set everything up, then walk away to do other things. This is especially helpful if you’re planning a party or gathering and you have other things to do. Your hot chocolate can just melt away while you’re busy…all it needs is a stir once or twice and that’s it. Then when you’re ready to serve it, it’s ready to go and everyone can just help themselves.
Just look at that chocolatey goodness…and with soft gooey marshmallows. Divine.
Now let me tell you the best part…how it tastes!
You know how when you order a hot chocolate from somewhere and you’re so excited to get a delicious mug of chocolatey goodness, but you end up with a very sad watered down version of your hot chocolate dreams? Well this isn’t that. This hot chocolate is the MOST creamy hot chocolate you will ever have. Silky. Smooth. Velvety. Chocolatey.
Create a Hot Chocolate Self-Serve Bar!
Another great thing about making hot chocolate in a slow cooker is that it’s ideal for a hot chocolate bar! Put out your slow cooker of creamy hot chocolate, get out the fun mugs and let everyone serve themselves. Offer all kinds of tasty additions like marshmallows in fun shapes and flavours, candy canes, cookies, whipping cream and more! So fun and festive!
Take it with you!
Slow cookers are also handy for making hot chocolate because they are easy to transport, and you can really take them anywhere…the rink, the backyard, a friend or family’s home…making this hot chocolate perfect for outdoor parties and gatherings. Just don’t forget your extension cord. 😉
Come home to deliciousness!
But really I’m loving the idea of coming home to a big pot of warm and comforting hot chocolate after a chilly afternoon out on the ice rink or toboggan hill. Or having a batch ready for the kids after they come inside from building a snow man. Perfection.
Just add marshmallows.
Nothing left to do but enjoy! Just don’t forget the marshmallows.
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe Tips:
- Milk: I used 1 1/2 cups of heavy (unsweetened whipping cream), and whole milk.
- Richness: If you would like your hot chocolate to be even more rich, you can leave out 1 cup of milk. If you would like it less rich, use half-and-half cream instead of whipping cream.
- Stirring: While the hot chocolate is melting/cooking, make sure to give it a stir a couple of times to make sure that everything is mixed in well.
- Serving: After the 2 1/2 hour cooking time on HIGH, this hot chocolate can be kept on the WARM setting for up to 3 hours. Stir right before serving.
- Marshmallows: Add the marshmallows right before serving.
Flavour options for your Hot Chocolate:
- Add a cinnamon stick to the hot chocolate as it simmers.
- If you love coffee, try adding a tablespoon or so of instant coffee!
- For peppermint flavour, add a candy cane to the crockpot.
- Other delicious stir-in options are peanut butter or Nutella.
Shop this post!
Here are some of items I used in this post!
These are affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links, I receive a small commission, but at no cost to you! Thank you for supporting ‘A Pretty Life’, and helping to make this blog possible! xo
Cookie Recipes to serve with your Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate:
- Soft and Chewy Gingersnaps
- Cranberry Orange Brown Sugar Shortbread
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies
Have a delicious day!