This Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious and quick dinner idea! Ready in less than 1 hour!
– – – – – –
It’s back to school next week so we’re in full organization mode! We’re running around gathering supplies, buying new clothes and backpacks, organizing drawers, and trying to get our head around the idea that summer time is coming to a close!
I’m also busy stocking the pantry and the freezer, and menu planning for all of those busy weeknights coming up. I need to feel prepared with 3 kids, 2 different schools and all the after school activities. I have to feel prepared…it’s about survival people! 😉
This soup is on the menu this fall! It’s easy to make, takes less than an hour to get on the table, and it’s delicious! Who can’t love all that?! Perfect for this hectic time of year!
Recipe adapted from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- This recipe is a great way to use up left over chicken.
- I like to use my own taco seasoning – it’s full of flavour without all the chemicals of the store bought packages. I make up a batch and keep it in my pantry.
- This recipe is very flexible. You can add what ever you have around or left over in the fridge! Have fun with it!
- If you want some heat, add some jalapeno peppers!
- And it’s delicious served with cornbread!
Do you have go to meals for hectic weeknights? What are your family favourites?
Have a delicious day!