Make this Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll recipe for the holiday season (it’s perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas)! Savoury stuffing rolled inside a tender turkey breast. Easy and ready in 2 hours!
I partnered with Canadian Turkey to bring you this delicious Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll recipe, and was compensated for my time, but the recipe, all thoughts and opinions are my own as always. We really love turkey.
How is it already the middle of September? Overnight it went from summer right into fall…in fact we’re already expecting snow this week! What?! But the nice thing about the change in weather is that it’s easy to turn my thinking towards Thanksgiving meal planning…because really, it’s only a couple of weeks away for us Canadians! And I like to be prepared. This year we’re changing things up and are heading to the BC for a west coast Thanksgiving. Just the 5 of us, which will be a first. So because our gathering is small, a whole roasted turkey will be too much for our dinner. Instead I’m going to make this Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll.
Perfect for a small holiday gathering.
This Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll recipe makes about 6 servings so it’s the perfect size for a small holiday gathering. And it’s combines the turkey and stuffing into one beautiful dish. Another nice thing about this recipe is that you can have it on the table in less than 2 hours! So if you don’t feel like roasting a whole turkey, this is a perfect recipe..and it’s much easier.
Easier than it looks! MUCH easier.
Putting this stuffed turkey breast together is really easy, I promise! For this recipe I used a 2 lb turkey breast, and using a mallet I flattened the meat to a thickness of just less than 1/2 an inch (see the recipe below for full instructions). Then add the stuffing and get ready to roll.
Wrap it in bacon for extra flavour and moisture.
I used a baking twine to wrap the turkey breast and secure the stuffing in place. And because I used a skinless turkey breast, I wrapped the whole thing in bacon (you can use turkey bacon too) to keep the meat moist and add more rich flavour. So good. Bacon wrapped turkey is really delicious!
Total time = 2 hours.
Then into the oven it goes for about 1 and 1/2 hours. Oh, and if you can’t get all the stuffing into the turkey roll, just add it to the pan and let it roast in all the pan drippings…you won’t regret it. 😉
And voila! A tender, moist and super delicious stuffed turkey breast! Tastes like the holidays.
Serve with all your favourite holiday side dishes like roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, homemade buns and salad. Yum.
A perfect holiday recipe. Enjoy!Print
More Delicious Holiday Turkey Recipes:
- Traditional Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy
- Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Bacon Wrapped Roast Turkey
- Traditional Herb Turkey Roast
- Slow Roasted Herb Marinated Turkey Breast
5 reasons to reach for turkey!
1. It’s easy to substitute. Turkey makes everyday meals delicious and tasty. It’s packed with deep and satisfying flavour and you can easily substitute turkey into any of your family’s favourite meals.
2. Turkey is lean but juicy. It’s hard to believe but with turkey, both white and dark cuts are lean. That means you can enjoy any cut you prefer, and feel good knowing you are choosing a healthy protein without compromising on flavour, tenderness or juiciness.
3. There’s so much to choose from. Turkey is such a versatile protein, with so many cuts of both dark and white meat to choose from, including ground meat, legs, drumsticks, breast steaks, breast rolls, breast roasts, thighs, drummettes, wings, sausages, and burgers. With such a wide selection, you can enjoy turkey at breakfast, lunch or dinner, with leftovers that taste delicious the next day. Look for a variety of cuts at your local grocer or butcher.
4. Turkey packs a flavour punch. Turkey plays well with other flavours. It’s hearty taste and texture marries well with bold profiles, making it a perfect partner for spices and rubs. Make recipes your own by using your family’s favourite flavours and change up your everyday dishes using rubs, marinades and sauces.
5. Turkey is perfect for penny pinchers. Turkeys are generally larger than other poultry options and deliver a lot of meat for the price. Whole birds can be roasted for pennies per pound, and are a perfect choice for batch cooking meals or freezing leftover meat that can come in handy as an everyday meal starter. Cuts like drums, breasts and thighs are super-sized, so you need fewer pieces to feed your family and plan for leftovers to stock your fridge.
PIN IT to make later here!
Have a delicious day!