This Traditional Herb Turkey Roast is a great dinner option for the holiday season (or any time of year!). This tender and juicy turkey can be ready to enjoy in less than 3 hours! Giving you more time to spend with family.
I partnered with Canadian Turkey to bring you this delicious Traditional Herb Turkey Roast recipe, and was compensated for my time, but the recipe, pictures, all thoughts and opinions are my own, as always. Turkey is delicious!
Food is at the heart of every celebration during the holiday season, so together with Canadian Turkey, we want to help you spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying yourself with family and friends! Today I’m sharing a simple and delicious main course turkey recipe that can be on your table, ready to enjoy in less than 3 hours. No muss, no fuss, just delicious.
A turkey roast is a really simple and great main dish for the holidays. Whether you’re a pro at roasting turkey, or a beginner in the kitchen, this Traditional Herb Turkey Roast is a great recipe for you! All the traditional flavours of a turkey dinner, in a simple to make roast.
More About Turkey Roasts:
You can find turkey roasts in the fresh turkey section of the grocery store. They come wrapped in a netting which you leave on during roasting. They can also be found in the freezer section (they’re the same thing, just frozen so don’t be afraid of them)…for frozen roasts, make sure to follow the baking instructions on the box, but you can still dress the roast with the recipe below, only the cooking time changes. For the recipe I’m sharing here, I used a non-frozen roast.
The nice thing about turkey roasts is that they’re everything you love about roasted turkey, but in a smaller package! So not only are they really easy to cook (and a lot quicker), they’re perfect for a smaller dinner crowd. Most of these roasts weigh just over 3 pounds, so they’ll feed about 6 people comfortably.
Let’s Dress the Turkey!
I like to dress these roasts with traditional herbs and seasonings that my family associates with holiday dinners…rosemary, thyme and sage…which also add the best flavour to the pan gravy! Nostalgic and delicious.
Then to add even more flavour to the turkey (and the gravy), I also add melted butter to the finished roast…trust me, you need to do this! Butter makes everything delicious.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Happy turkey dinner to you.Print
More Delicious Turkey Dinner Recipes:
- Slow Roasted Herb Marinated Turkey Breast
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll
- Cranberry Glazed Roasted Turkey Breast
- Traditional Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy
- Bacon Wrapped Roast Turkey
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Brining a Turkey
More Christmas Dinner Recipe Ideas!
- Download this printable Christmas Dinner Menu (with links to turkey recipes, side dishes, desserts and more!)
- All my favourite Christmas Dinner recipes in one post!
5 Ways to Get Holiday-Ready with Canadian Turkey:
- Save money by purchasing a utility turkey. Utility turkeys taste the same as Grade A turkeys but may be missing a wing or have a tear in the skin. Once you carve up your turkey your guests will never know the difference!
- Get your family excited about this festive Canadian tradition by cooking your turkey using their favourite seasonings or traditional spices.
- Save precious cooking time and have more fun entertaining by preparing a meal using different turkey cuts instead of a whole turkey. You can customize your meal based on your guests’ preferences by easily serving more dark or white turkey, and cut your cooking time in half or less.
- Plan to easily feed a large holiday crowd on a budget by serving a whole roasted Canadian turkey. You can prep your turkey in advance and plan to make all your sides while the turkey is in the oven! Check the Whole Turkey section of the thinkturkey.ca website where you’ll also find our Whole Bird Calculator to help you determine the perfect size of turkey for your meal.
- Bookmark helpful information on sites like thinkturkey.ca with resources like our Turkey Basics How To videos to help you create the perfect roast turkey meal with fool-proof instructions, hints and tips.
CANADIAN TURKEY RECIPES, TIPS AND NUTRITION:
Have a delicious day!