Make this Simple Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner in less than 1 hour! One dish means dinner prep and clean up is easier than ever!
– – – – – – –
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting A Pretty Life! xo
In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a sheet pan craze going on, on the interwebs right now. It’s the kind of craze that I’ll happily get on board with. Who can say no to only needing one dish for preparation and cooking? Not this gal.
People have been cooking this way for ages, but for some reason it’s only becoming popular in this particular form as of recently. It’s really just a variation of the one pot dishes that took over Pinterest last year. And honestly, this isn’t new…I often make one dish dinners, like my One Pot Roasted Chicken Dinner and my One Pot Roasted Sticky BBQ Chicken Dinner. But the beauty of using a sheet pan, is that you can get a lot more ingredients into the dish.
These sheet pan dinners are made in pans that are different from regular cookie sheets. Sheet pans have at least 2 inches in depth, making them great for cooking without dripping or spills. I use this Nordic Ware Sheet Pan that I found at Winners last week. I love it so much, I’ll definitely be going back to buy at least one more.
You may notice that I have one chicken breast separated with tinfoil, but this is only because my daughter is allergic to asparagus and I wanted to ensure it didn’t come into contact with the juices.
Putting together this sheet pan dinner is as simple as lining up the ingredients on the pan, drizzling them with olive oil and seasoning with spices, then putting them into the oven to bake. With little preparation effort, dinner can be ready in less then 1 hour. Healthy, quick and delicious…dinner doesn’t get better than that.
Sheet Pan Dinner Tips
- If you are concerned that the asparagus might overcook, you may wish to add it after about 15 minutes into the cooking time. For this particular sheet pan dinner, I added the asparagus at the same time as the rest of the ingredients, and it was cooked perfectly.
- One reader on my Instagram post suggested maybe putting the asparagus in the centre of the pan, as the outer edges of the pan tend to get hotter. I didn’t have any issues with this, but it is a good point to consider.
- I used a seasoning salt (Lowry’s), but you could use and seasoning salt you prefer (like Hys or Tony’s), or your favourite spices.
- I didn’t find it necessary to line my sheet pan with tinfoil or parchment paper, but I have seen this done on other recipes. None of the ingredients I used stuck to the pan.
- I use this Nordic Ware sheet pan for my sheet pan dinners.
Have a delicious day!