Serving up a small crowd? This Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast is a simple and easy way to enjoy Christmas dinner! Ready in just over an hour.
If you’re hosting a small crowd this year for Christmas dinner, why not consider roasting a turkey breast, as opposed to a whole turkey? This Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast is SO easy to prepare, and is ready in just over an hour, from start to finish. Talk about making Christmas dinner easier than ever!
I partnered with Canadian Turkey to bring you this delicious turkey dinner recipe just in time for the holidays! I was compensated for my time, but the recipe, all thoughts and opinions are my own as always. We really love turkey.
How Much Turkey Breast to Make?
Roasting a turkey breast has quickly become one of my most favourite meals to make. I love being able to have all the flavours of a turkey dinner, without having to roast a whole turkey. This is especially helpful when I’ve only got a small crowd to feed, and don’t want a tonne of leftovers. One two pound turkey breast feeds our family of 5 pretty comfortably. But you can also get larger portions (up to almost five pounds), which would be perfect if you are serving 4 or 5 adults.
Not to mention how much easier it is to pull together a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings! Even though roasting a whole turkey is really easy (I promise it is!), there is something about just being able to roast a turkey breast that takes so much of the pressure off. Once you have the turkey breast in the oven, all you have to do is focus on all of your side dishes.
Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast
To make this turkey breast perfect for Christmas dinner, I roasted it with a homemade cranberry & rosemary glaze. Roasting the turkey with the cranberry sauce makes this turkey tender, moist and so flavourful! So good. And really, turkey and cranberry are a match made in heaven.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s a delicious Christmas dinner timesaver!
Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast
Serving up a small crowd? This Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast is a simple and easy way to enjoy Christmas dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 boneless (skinless turkey breast (approx 2 lbs See notes.))
- olive oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp ground sage
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 small sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Make the Cranberry Sauce:
- Add the fresh cranberries, rosemary sprig, sugar, water and orange juice to a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to soften and the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to low-medium and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce is the consistency of jam. This takes about 10 minutes or so.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, and any stray leaves that came off during cooking.
- Mash the cranberry sauce until it is as smooth as possible (without large chunks of cranberry).
- Set aside.
Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- Brush the turkey breast with olive oil.
- Season the turkey breast with the sage, salt and pepper. I don’t have an exact amount of ground sage that I use, I just lightly shake it on the turkey breast.
- Spread the cranberry sauce all over the turkey breast, making sure to cover it completely.
- Roast the turkey for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature measures 165 degrees.
- When the turkey is done, remove from heat and let rest under tin foil for about 5 minutes.
Serving the Turkey:
- When it is time to serve the turkey, cut the turkey into 3/4 inch slices, cut against the grain.
- Serve with all your favourite side dishes, and enjoy!
One (approximately 2 pounds) turkey breast will feed our family of 5 comfortably.
Keywords: cranberry glaze, turkey breast
More Delicious Turkey Recipes for the Holidays!
- Cranberry Cream Cheese & Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms
- Traditional Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy
- Turkey Pot Pie
Need Christmas Dinner Ideas?
- Visit my Christmas Dinner Menu for all kinds of delicious recipes, ranging from the main dish, to sides, to desserts and more!
Be in the know with Canadian Turkey:
Visit the Canadian Turkey website for all the tips, tricks, techniques and recipe inspiration you might need! There are more delicious turkey breast recipes, a tonne of great information on turkey nutrition, how to cook turkey and more! And follow them along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube channel.
Have a very merry day!