This Easy Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is a quick and delicious brunch recipe!
It’s Cheese of the Month time again! Actually, this is the last one of the program…sniff. I really loved trying new-to-me delicious Canadian cheeses and creating new dishes each month, then sharing them with you! I’m going to miss it. But I hope you enjoyed all the delicious cheese inspired recipes I’ve shared over the last few months. If you missed any, make sure to check them out at the bottom of this post!
This post is sponsored by Dairy Farmers of Canada. This recipe, all pictures and words are my own. I just really really love cheese. ?
This month in my surprise cheese delivery, I received 2 cheeses! Baluchon from Fromagerie Baluchon in Quebec, and Boerenkaas from Natural Pastures on Vancouver Island, BC. Both cheeses are flavourful, creamy and SO delicious.
I wanted to use both cheeses in one recipe, so I decided to add them both to a crustless quiche with ham and green onion. Crustless quiches, or frittatas, are really easy and delicious dishes. They’re perfect for Sunday or holiday brunch, but they are also my favourite what’s-for-dinner on a weeknight dinner. With a quick assembly and cooking time, this delicious dish can be on the table in less than 1 hour!
Serve with toast, sausage or bacon, and fresh fruit. This recipe is perfect for brunch this holiday season too! If you’re feeding a crowd, you can easily double the recipe, but just make sure to use a bigger baking dish. Enjoy!
About Baluchon Cheese:
- Type: Semi-soft certified organic cheese
- Tasting Notes: Slightly acidic and salty but not bitter. Even texture, with mild, earthy aromas of cream, butter, hazelnut and herbs.
- Location: Fromagerie Baluchon, produced in Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade, Quebec
- Pairing: Pairs well with wine, an aromatic sake, apple cider or less hoppy beers.
About Boerenkaas Cheese:
- Type: Semi-soft cheese, aged for 6 months
- Tasting Notes: Slightly fruity taste, and creamy yet crumbly texture.
- Location: Vancouver Island, BC
- Pairing: Pairs well with tawny port or apple brandy wine.
More Delicious Canadian Cheese Recipes:
- Tipsy Cheese and Cherry Crostinis
- Grilled Cheese with Fig Jam
- Baked Canadian Camembert with Rhubarb Compote
- Dessert Cheese Plate
- Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits
- Easy Apple Turnovers with Cheese
- Whipped Mashed Potatoes with Black Truffle Cheese
- Creamy Gouda Cheese Cauliflower Bake
More Ways to Enjoy Cheese:
Visit Dairy Farmers of Canada for more delicious recipes using cheese.
Have a delicious day!