This Sweet Chili Chicken can be on your dinner table in under 1 hour! Tender pieces of chicken and crispy peppers in a sweet chili sauce. Easy and delicious.
When we go out to eat, one of our favourite dishes to order is sweet chili chicken. It’s sooooo good. But one of the reasons it’s so delicious is because it’s usually dipped in batter first and then deep fried. Yum. But not so healthy. So I decided to make it at home, but a more healthy version…my kids love this dish!
Delicious and flavourful!
This version is much more healthy and tastes super delicious! No deep fried batter, just delicious tender chicken pieces sauteéd in garlic and fresh ginger, with crispy bell peppers and onions all mixed in a sweet chili sauce. This recipe uses a store bough sweet chili sauce, making it even easier to get on the table!
Ready in under 1 hour.
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also quick. In fact, you can have this dinner on your table in under 1 hour, making it a perfect meal for busy nights. Garnish with slices of green onion (or even chopped fresh cilantro), over steamed rice (or even cauliflower rice). Just like take out but better for you!
Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe Tips
- CHICKEN: I prefer to use boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you can also use chicken thighs.
- BELL PEPPERS: Any colour of bell pepper works: red, green, orange, yellow.
- SWEET CHILI SAUCE: Use your favourite store-bought thai sweet chili sauce. (Frank’s or Aroy-D are great)
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: Feel free to add more vegetables: steamed broccoli, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, snap peas. You just might need to add more sweet chili sauce.
- LEFTOVERS: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Have a delicious day!