After just a few minutes of prep, you can have a delicious and hearty Slow Cooker / Crockpot Roast Beef and Gravy ready for you at the end of the day! Love that!
– – – – – –
It’s that time of year when dinnertime can be a big stress, but it doesn’t have to be, especially if you make your crockpot your best friend. There is nothing nicer than spending just a few minutes with ingredient preparation, then having a hearty dinner ready and waiting for you at the end of a long day! Isn’t it so nice to come into the house and smell dinner cooking?! Best ever.
So to help you with your own dinner planning, I’ve teamed up my gal Tara of Suburble, to bring you 6 delicious crockpot recipes this week! Everything from dinner recipes to breakfast and dessert! Make sure to come back and check them out!
Today I’m kicking things off with this easy Crockpot Roast Beef!
Using a crockpot is a great way to cook roast beef because the meat comes out tender and moist, and SO delicious. But the best part of this recipe is the gravy, I mean just look at it! Oh my the gravy…it’s rich, flavourful and amazing over mashed potatoes!
I served this roast and gravy with a batch of freshly baked Pumpkin Biscuits and mashed potatoes! Dinner was enjoyed by all! Here is the easy to assemble recipe, I hope you enjoy it!Print
After just a few minutes of prep, you can have a delicious and hearty Slow Cooker / Crockpot Roast Beef and Gravy ready for you at the end of the day!
- 1 – 4 lb boneless beef chuck or cross rib roast
- 2 tbsp oil (vegetable or olive)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pat the roast with paper towel to remove moisture, then season with salt & fresh ground pepper.
- In a skillet at medium-high heat, heat up the oil, then brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the browned roast to the crockpot.
- To the same skillet (turn down the heat to low-medium), add another tablespoon of oil, and cook the onions, carrots and garlic until soft. Make sure to scrape and mix in all of the delicious brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beef broth, wine, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, salt and basil. Stir until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. If you can, turn the roast occasionally as it cooks.
- Once the roast has finished cooking, you can transfer the roast to a plate, then blend the sauce using a hand blender to make a nice gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable!
– – – – – –
Tara is sharing her recipe for Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce, so make sure to head on over to her blog!
Looking for more crockpot recipes? Follow my Slow Cooker Pinterest Board!
Make sure to come back again this week for more delicious crockpot recipes! Have a delicious day!