This Creamy Lemon Pasta is a bright and delicious dish that can be ready in less than 1 hour! Creamy, lemony and so easy to make.
If you’re looking for something for dinner that everyone will love, is easy to whip up and SO flavourful, add this Creamy Lemon Pasta recipe to your dinner rotation.
A New Family Favourite
This Creamy Lemon Pasta recipe has made it’s way into our regular dinner rotation and I’m not mad about it! Everyone absolutely loves it which makes me so happy…it can be hard to find dinner recipes that everyone at the table likes.
The MOST delicious fresh ingredients.
You just can’t go wrong when you’re combining pasta, cream, fresh lemon and parmesan cheese. Seriously, these ingredients really are a match made in pasta dinner heaven.
Make it dinner or even a side dish.
The recipe below is for a full dinner serving (serves 8), but if you wanted to serve it as a side dish, feel free to cut the recipe in half. Often times I will even make the full recipe and serve it with my favourite Lemon Garlic Turkey (or Chicken)…I don’t mind having leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Pasta: Use any pasta that you like. Spaghetti, fettuccini, rigatoni, penne, angel hair…
- Cream: Make sure to use half and half cream or heavy cream. Any lower fat content milk may curdle with the addition of the lemon juice.
- Butter: I use salted butter. If you use unsalted butter, consider adding about 1/8 tsp extra salt to the dish.
- Parmesan: I prefer to use a hunk of Parmesan that you grate on your own because it’s so flavourful, but I have also used regular pre-grated Parmesan and it works great too.
- Lemons: This recipe uses both lemon zest and lemon juice. I like to add the zest and lemon juice from 2 lemons, but it is pretty lemony, so that’s why in the recipe below I have only listed the zest from 2 lemons, and juice from only 1 lemon (instead of 2).
- Pasta Water: What if I forget to save the drained pasta water? No worries! Feel free to substitute it with chicken or vegetable broth.
- Serving Suggestions: This lemon pasta is wonderful served with any steamed or roasted green vegetable like broccoli, broccolini, asparagus or green beans. It’s also amazing served alongside this Lemon Garlic Turkey (or Chicken) recipe…just leave out the orzo and serve this Creamy Lemon Pasta instead.
- Leftovers. If you end up with leftovers, this dish is delicious reheated the next day too!
Thank you for Pinning!
More Delicious 1 Hour Pasta Dishes:
- Easy Tuna Casserole
- Quick and Delicious Pizza Pasta Bake
- Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
- Three Cheese Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Ravioli Lasagna
Have a delicious day!