Make these Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion! Ready in less than 1 hour!
If you’re looking for a special treat for your Valentine, these Chocolate Covered Strawberries are perfect! They’re easy, pretty and so love-ly.
Easier than you think!
No, really they are! If you can use a microwave, you can definitely make these chocolate covered strawberries, and in just minutes…in fact most of the time involved is just letting the finished strawberries rest and set. Because they’re SO PRETTY, people think they’re hard to make, but they’re not.
A special and elegant dessert.
These strawberries are perfect for special occasions like Mother’s Day, birthdays and Valentine’s Day. Make a batch for Mom, or you and your sweetie, or you and your best gals, or you and your kids. They’re also a really nice treat for parties and dinner get togethers.
Use the best ingredients.
Find the biggest, sweetest and nicest fresh strawberries you can. And use the good chocolate chips. These two things make a big difference in making the most delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
Make them extra special.
You can make chocolate covered strawberries extra special with some simple decorations! I love the look of Chocolate Covered Strawberries drizzled in chocolate. They’re especially pretty in pink. You can also decorate them with sprinkles, coconut or even chocolate cookie crumbs (like Oreos) or even chopped nuts…the possibilities are endless.
- Strawberries: Use the biggest and best strawberries you can find! Wash them, pat dry and leave the stems on. The stems make it easy for dipping the berries into the melted chocolate.
- Chocolate: You can use either dark or milk chocolate chips for the strawberries (semi-sweet chocolate chips work too, but they’ll be less sweet). And use white chocolate chips for the drizzle.
- Coconut Oil: The coconut oil is added to make the chocolate harden quicker and thicker. If you don’t want to use it, you don’t have to. It does add a little coconut flavour to these treats, so just be aware of that (I think it’s delicious).
- Melting the chocolate. The melting method in this recipe is done by microwave. But you can also melt the chocolate using a simple double boiler method. To do this I create a double boiler on the stove by putting a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (about 2 – 3 inches of water), making sure that the bowl and pot fit together snugly. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl (that is sitting over the water as it simmers), and stir the chocolate until it has melted. The melting should only take a few minutes. And make sure to this with different bowls, one for the dark chocolate, and one for the white chocolate.
- Topping Ideas: Chocolate drizzle, sprinkles, coconut, chocolate cookie crumbs (like Oreos) or chopped nuts…the possibilities are endless.
- Serving: I think these chocolate covered strawberries are best served at room temperature.
- Can I make these ahead of time? Chocolate covered strawberries are best enjoyed the day you make them. You can make them a day ahead if you like, but they may end up a bit soft and sweaty.
More Delicious Valentine’s Day Eats:
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!