These Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins are so delicious! A sweet and soft vanilla muffin base loaded with tasty tart raspberries.
Oh man, it’s been a long winter already…it feels like January and February will never end. It’s too cold to even take the dog for walks somedays. So this leaves me feeling quite restless. And when I’m restless I either clean or I bake. So I guess that’s a good thing? A clean house and lots of homemade goodies!
On one of my many restless baking days I decided to take my favourite basic buttermilk muffin recipe and mix in some frozen raspberries. These Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins are the delicious end result. A sweet and tender vanilla muffin base loaded with tart raspberries.
Also, thank goodness for frozen fruit at this time of year. I like to have frozen berries on hand in the freezer for smoothies and for last minute baking sessions this this one. Berries in the middle of winter are such a treat.
And make sure to generously sprinkle the muffins with sugar before baking. Each muffin will have a delicious sweet crunchy top…you’ll never love a muffin top more than one baked with sugar!
A perfect treat. Pack them in lunch boxes, or share a batch with some friends over tea.
Raspberry Muffin Recipe Tips:
- If you love lemon, add a teaspoon of fresh lemon zest to the batter before baking.
- Sprinkle each muffin generously with sugar before baking. This makes a nice sweet crunchy crust.
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries in this recipe, but I prefer to use frozen raspberries because they don’t tint the batter pink as fast as fresh berries.
More Delicious Raspberry Recipes:
- Easy 2 Ingredient Raspberry Jam
- Lemon Raspberry Snack Cake
- Raspberry Baked French Toast
- Raspberry Galette
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
- Raspberry & Vanilla Cream Tarts
Have a delicious day!