This Raspberry Baked Oatmeal is creamy and bursting with the flavour of fresh raspberries. Serve with milk and a little brown sugar.
If you’re looking for a simple and quick breakfast idea, this Raspberry Baked Oatmeal is delicious. This make ahead breakfast recipe is perfect for busy mornings.
Baked Oatmeals are easy + versatile!
It’s no secret that I love baked oatmeals. I love them in any form: Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal, Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal, Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal…you name it. And I often make them when I know we have a busy day the next day. I get them all prepared the night before and pop them in the oven before I jump in the shower in the morning. That way breakfast is being made while we’re all getting ready for the day. Love that. Not to mention the house smells amazing while we’re all getting ready!
Make it Ahead!
You can assemble this dish the night before you want to serve it, store it in the fridge overnight and pop it in the oven first thing in the morning. I put it into a cold oven, then turn the oven on. It can bake while you get the coffee ready and enjoy your morning. All it takes is about 15 minutes of prep the night before and you have a hearty, healthy and delicious breakfast made!
OR enjoy it right away!
You can also assemble this recipe and serve it the day you make it. Just assemble, then let the oatmeal mixture rest in the baking dish for about 30 minutes before putting it into the oven. You want the oats to soak up the milk + egg mixture before baking.
Raspberry Baked Oatmeal Recipe Tips:
- OATS: This recipe calls for old fashioned rolled oats, but I’ve also used quick oats. Quick oats are a bit more soft, but we like that.
- RASPBERRIES: You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
- YOGURT: You can use any kind of yogurt that you like: Greek, plain, vanilla, raspberry.
- FLAVOUR OPTIONS: You can use use any kind of berry: blueberries, strawberries, blackberries.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with half + half cream and a little brown sugar.
Maybe an idea for breakfast this weekend?
Have a delicious day!