Assemble all of the ingredients for this Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning for a warm and delicious breakfast! Can be made same day too. It’s peanut buttery, soft and so delicious.
I love breakfast…in fact I think it’s my favourite meal of the day. I go to bed thinking about it, I really do. Anyone else? No? Just me? 😉 But seriously there are just so many delicious recipe ideas for breakfast, from pancakes and french toast to savoury egg bakes, quiche, good old fashioned bacon and eggs, and our favourite, baked oatmeals.
We especially love baked oatmeals. They are a warm and hearty breakfast that everyone gobbles up. I also love the fact that I can get breakfast ready the night before, then all I have to do is put it in the oven first thing in the morning. This makes my mornings sooooo easy, especially if we have a busy day ahead. Love that!
You can serve this Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal plain or with a little jam, or some table cream. The. Best. Seriously, anything with peanut butter is Heaven on Earth for me. An open jar of peanut butter with a spoon…that’s just pure evil temptation. Peanut butter for breakfast = yum.
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal…mmmmm. It’s peanut buttery, soft and so delicious. This dish would be fantastic for brunch this weekend. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, peanut butter and brown sugar. I like to use a small hand blender to make sure the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, salt and oats.
- Add the oat mixture to the milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into an 8x8 glass dish.
- To bake it right away, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then bake the oatmeal for 25-30 minutes.
- For overnight oatmeal, just cover the dish and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, take it out of the fridge, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake it for 30-40 minutes.
Recipe from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
This breakfast is a major hit in our house. Everyone loves it…it’s definitely a keeper!
Brunch Menu Idea:
So are you ready for breakfast? Here’s a menu idea for you:
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal, with jam or cream
- Halved Grapefruits
- Slices of strawberries
- Coffee, tea, juice
Here are more delicious baked oatmeal recipes:
Have a delicious day!
This post was originally published in 2013, I just updated it with new photos. Same great recipe, just new images. Enjoy!